15

Ethans pov:

Knock knock

"Come in" I say confused. Who could I be?

Hayes walks in. I'm confused.

"Hey." He pauses looking a little awkward, "ok, I'm just gonna say it."

"Say what?"

"I know you like Jencie."

Silence lingers until he continues

"You don't have to hide it, I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"No, actually, I'm kinda glad." I look at him with the most confused look I could manage. "I have to go back home with my family, I just told Jencie and we broke up."

"Is everything okay? When are you leaving?" Concern replaces my confusion. Despite the Jencie thing, he is one of my best friends.

"My mom is pretty sick and 2 days."

"Im sorry man. We are gonna miss you."

"Im gonna miss you guys too. I'm meeting up with Gray tomorrow." He huffs, as if to finish that conversation. "Now, about Jencie."

"What about her?" The confusion returns.

"I love her."

"Yea, I know. I promise i won't make a move on her." I frown

"Ethan, I care about he so much and I don't want her to date some douche who will break her heart. She has been broken by too many people."

"I don't want that either."

"That's exactly why I want you TO make a move on her."

"What?!"

"You're a good guy and I know you won't hurt her." He smiles to me " I think she likes you too by the way, I don't think she knows yet though."

"I doubt that, she loves you"

"Whatever man, I gotta go."

We stand up and hug. "Bye, and good luck with your mom and every thing.

"Thanks, bye." He starts walking out but stops in the doorway. "Promise me one thing though."

I turn to him, "What?"

"Please protect her matter what."

I smile at him

"Deal"

A/N I know it's short but I'm about to get on a flight and will write another chapter then.
Also I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been so busy and exhausted
Hope y'all enjoyed tho😁