27

He looks at me confused, "Um, okay."

"Can I sit?"

"Yea, sure." He quickly turns to sit on the edge of the bed and motions for me to sit next to him. "So what's up?"

"I'm not very good at this," I look away"

He turns my head back go face him with his finger gently and smiles, "it's okay, just tell me."

I sit, biting my lip, not saying anything for a second. "About what happened"

He looks at me carfully, waiting for me to continue as I pause not sure how to continue.

"At the beach, by the fire." I look away again, "we, uh"

"Kissed" he finished for me

"Yea." I still don't look at him, knowing my cheeks are turning red.

After a little while, "What about the kiss?"

I jump at his suddeness, "well, we haven't said anything about it since."

"So you wanna talk about it now?" He asks while I watch my hands ad I fidget with my fingers. "Why won't you look at me?"

I look up at him and he is smiling, "why are you smiling like that?"

He just laughs, "why won't you tell me what you came here to tell me?"

Toche Dolan, Toche

"I just wanted to know what your thoughts were I guess."

"You mean if I liked it"

"Well, kinda I guess. I just wanted to know why you act like it didn't happen."

"Honestly." He takes a breath, "I was a little confused."

"What?"

"You kissed me, and then didn't say anything after."

"I'm sorry, Ethan. I didn't mean to be rude."

"No it's cool." We look at each other in silence for a moment. "Do you regret it?"

"What?" His question catches me off guard.

"Do you regret kissing me?"

I feel my face growing more red. The truth is not a single fiber of my being regrets that kiss, but, I don't know how he feels.

"Jencie?" He moves a little closer to me.

I look into his eyes unable to say anything.

I really like him. Like REALLY like him. But what if he doesn't feel the same? I don't want to lose him as a friend over this.

"Jencie, what's wrong?"

I haven't noticed to now but tears are gathering in the corners of my eyes. One starts to roll down my face and he reaches out to rub it away.

His hand lingers, cupping my cheek. Staring into my eyes, looking into my soul. I jump when he finally breaks the silence after so long of staring, "just so you know, I don't regret our kiss."

"That's good" small smile spreads across my lips, "cause I don't regret kissing you at all"

He returns my smile

"There is something I've been wanting to do for almost 2 weeks."

"What?"

He answers by leaning in and pulling me closer using the hand he had on my cheek but made it's way behind my neck.

The kiss is nothing like I've ever felt before. It's hungry and eager, yet gentle and soft.

A/N

Just wanted to say hi🖐

Hope you're having a good day💙