13

2 months later

Me and Hayes have been together for about 2 months now and it is going great. 

Turns out Ethan just had a bug and was fine the next day, but we seem to grow more distant everyday. I miss him but maybe this is good, maybe those feelings I thought I felt were nothing and I just needed time away from him to realize it.

Grayson and Kassidy are going strong and they are so cute. Honestly though, I miss my best friend a little.

Hayes is coming over later, all he said was that he "had something important to tell me" which kinda scares me a little bit.

He is coming in 7 hours so I need to try to stop worrying about that right now. I will go for a swim while I can. School starts in 3 weeks. 

I hate swimming by myself but Kassidy and Grayson are getting lunch right now. Maybe I can ask Ethan, I don't know why we are growing apart but I will not pretend I don't miss hanging out with him. 

Knock Knock

"Come in" I walk in

"Hey" I say kinda awkwardly

"Hi" He says equally awkward

"I was wondering..." I trail off for a second, "It's just we haven't really hung out in 2 months and I was about to go swimming, and I hate swimming alone anyway, so would you maybe wanna go swim with me?"

"Uh, sure" He says and looks at his phone, checking the time, "be out in a sec"

"ok" I walk out of his room and release a huge sigh 

I change into a my tribal print bikini and black bottoms. 

I go to get towels and again my shortness makes that difficult.

I hear a chuckle from behind me, "I got it, again"  He reaches over me for the towels and again I find myself examining his muscular body. 

I shake myself out of it This is wrong, you have a boyfriend I tell myself.

"Jencie?" Ethan calls to me, I had zoned out

"What? Oh, sorry. Let's go"

Outside he hooks his phone up to the speakers before jumping in the pool. I go in after him and swim to the shallow end so I could reach and Ethan comes up to me.

"So.... Are you ready for school next month?" I say, trying to break the ice.

"Not really," He laughs and I join in, anything to make it less awkward.

"Ethan can I ask you something?"

He looks me in the eyes, "of course.

"Did I do something?" He looks confused, "I don't know, it just feels like you might have been ignoring me for the past few months."

Ethan's POV

I look away"I'm sorry, I never meant to make you feel like you did something wrong. I don't really know why I have been avoiding you." 

I feel bad for lying but there is no way I could tell her how I feel, especially since she is dating one of my best friends.

"Oh, it's fine." She looks at me, "Now that we got that out of the way what do you wanna do?"

"Do you have a water skimmer?"

"Yea, be right back"

A/N Sorry I have been gone so long. I missed you guys:)

P.S. If you want to read a fanfic about Jimin, check out Vampire Love by