62

Derek POV

I struggle to the door. The pain is so difficult to live with. I turn and see Kingston hugging Michael. Michael looks worse than I do. He really does love his sister more than this world.

The pack lowers their eyes as I pass by. They heard everything.

As the Alpha, I must not show tears. That is considered weak. I look back at the staircase and remember the moment she leaned on me when Kingston wanted her. The moment she bumped into me in that ocean blue dress. I head to my truck and sit down in driver's seat closing my eyes. It wasn't too long ago when she was sitting in the seat next to me in a hot mess. She was so beautiful. I can't believe she didn't think I loved her. She is my world. I turn and look at the empty seat. I can still see her beautiful eyes gleaming at me with mischief.

I lock the door and head towards the Rouge King. I don't care if I get killed. I just need to see Delilah one last time.

Isaac POV

I rush into the bedroom and yank the bathroom door off. Delilah is lying on the floor pale as can be.

"Delilah, sweetheart. Wake up. Please wake up."

I mind- link the doctor. He walks in looking at her with a grim expression on his face.

"I'm sorry sir, but she is gone."

I growl. "NO, SHE CAN'T BE!!"

I feel tears begin to pour down my face.

I shock the doctor and myself. I have never cried over anyone or anything.

I just feel like my world has crumbled. However, the pain isn't as bad as I thought it would be for losing a mate.

One of my guards' mind-link me. "Sir, Alpha Neil is here."

I know exactly why he's here.

"Let him through and bring him to me."

Derek POV

I feel weak. Like a part of me has been ripped apart. The guard takes me into a mansion and upstairs to a bedroom. I see Isaac holding Delilah in his arms.

I fall to my knees. I'm overwhelmed by the sight of my mate lying lifeless in the Rouge Kings arms.

I look at Isaac my voice coming out in a whisper.

"How could you let her die."

The moment I said those words his eyes lower in pain.

It hit him hard. "I didn't know she was going to do this and I didn't feel any dangerous thoughts coming from her.

If I had the strength I would have killed him but I don't.

I gently take Delilah in my arms. Rocking her as the tears that I have held in since I left my pack fall down my cheek rolling down hers.

I pull her hair back and kiss her forehead whispering into her ear.

"I love you and I always will."