Chapter 18

"You sure, babe?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll probably sleep all day anyways."  He answered.

"just call me if you need anything, and please take the medicine I gave you." I told him, Colby got sick last night and is still feeling ill.

"But it's gross." He said while making a face.

"Just take it! It'll make you feel beter." I told him.  Colby nodded eventually, and I smiled. I  kissed his forehead which was still very hot, before walking down the stairs where Elton, Devyn and Corey were already waiting for me by the front door. We all need to get new clothes and such.

" 'S Colby okay?" Corey asked.

"Yeah, his fever is a little higher then last night and he still feels like crap. But he told me to go and that he'll probably sleep all day." I told them they nodded, before we all walked to the car.

"He still got Aaron for now." Corey said, to make me less worried.

"Yeah but he said he had to leave in half an hour, so I don't think it'll make a difference." I told him.

We drove to the mall, which was a 15 minute drive. We all separated when we arrived, all wanting to go to different stores. We all decided to meet at Denny's that was located near the entrance of the mall, 2 hours later.

***

I could say that I had everything I needed and even more, I got a few thing for Colby also. When I arrived at Denny's everyone was already there, we all ordered food and sat down at a booth. We ate and talked about stupid thing until we were done. We threw away our garbage before heading out.

We drove back in silence, it wasn't an awkward silence though.

"Do you guys smell that?" Corey asked, when we were close to our home. I nodded before rolling my window up to try and keep the smell out.

"Yeah, it smells like firework. A fire maybe." I said shrugging. We didn't really think much of it until we saw smoke filling the air.

"What the fuck?" Elton muttered.

"It looks like it coming from near our house." Devyn said. That's when all of our eyes widened. Elton spent up until our house was coming in sight. We could clearly see the flames appear from our downstairs window. Elton quickly parked the car in front of the gate before jumping out of the car. We all quickly followed, as Elton was already dealing 911.

"Oh my god, how did this even happen." Corey exclaimed, shaking his head. Devyn already had tears in her eyes, and to be honest I could feel my own eyes get watery.

"Do we call someone other than the emergency numbers?" Devyn asked, her voice sounded shaky.

"Uh Aaron maybe? Colby?" Corey answered.

That's when my heart sunk.

"COLBY!! He's stilll in there!" I exclaimed, I was about to run to the house but Elton stopped me.

"You can't go I there! You'll die!" He shouted at me. I was now crying historically.

"IF I DON'T HE DIES!" I shouted before breaking myself out of his grip, but I once again was held back before I could even start running.

***colby's POV***

I woke up by a weird ticking sound, like the sound a fireplace makes. I felt myself having trouble to breath as I smelled the burned smell. My eyes snapped open as I sat up quickly, immediately feeling like I was gonna throw up. I weakly tried to run towards the stairs to see it filled with fire.