You broke me, he picked up the pieces. 2

I started to miss Brennen after a few day, I missed his company, the conversation we used to have. I know I shouldn't miss him, but it easier said than done when you used to see each other almost everything day. maybe that makes our relationship sound like one of those clingy relationships, but it really wasn't.
Since Brennen and I have so many mutual friends, we'd see each other even when we didn't really plan to. But that wasn't a problem though, it was fun actually. At least that's how I experienced it.

Sam kept telling me that he isn't worth my thoughts, but I couldn't really control it.

Now though.

now it's better. I think it's been about 2 months since the breakup. I don't miss him anymore, sure I sometimes still think about him and what we had, But I picked up my old life. I hung out with friends again, without the fear of Brennen being there. I've seen him a few times and It didn't really affect me, I didn't really care anymore. I knew The others noticed I was getting over Brennen and I knew they were glad, but they still didn't dare mentioning him or what happened just yet though.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard shouting coming from down the hallway, I frowned rolling out of my bed to see what's was going on, not bothering to put a shirt on.

"How could I have known that he would bring them with him!?" I heard Corey shout as I opened my room door.

"I Don't fucking know!? You could've Fucking ask him!? You know he brings him with him all the time!" That sounded like Sam..

"Oh fuck off sam! I didn't think about that shit, I didn't know okay!?"

"What's going on?" I asked, rubbing my temple, Ive had this throbbing headache since I woke up this morning.

"Nothing." Corey and Sam both said at the same time. I raised an eyebrow at them, running a hand through my hair knowing it was probably sticking out in every direction from when I took a nap earlier.

"Is that abs I see? Have you been working out?" Corey asked clearly trying to change the subject. I felt uncomfortable as both sam and Corey scanned my body, causing me to cross my arms over my chest in attempt to cover myself.

I mean sure, I got rid of my tummy that I had before ... but Its Not like I got killer abs. I have been going to the gym every day since the break up though. The gym has been my escape from my mind, its the only time I can really clear my mind.

"Yeah..." I said. Looking at them skeptically before gently pushing past them and towards the stairs.

"I don't think you should go down there right now." Sam said, grabbing my shoulder to stop me. I ignored the flutter in my stomach, frowning at him instead.

"Why?" I ask raising one of my eyebrows at them.

"I invited some friends of mine, and they might have taken Brennen and Lacey with them.." Corey rushed out.

"What? It's no big deal guys, I've ran into them plenty of times already, I'm not going to burst out in tears the moment I see them." I smiled at them, thankful for their need to look out for me, and make sure I was okay.

"Thanks, though." I said voicing my thoughts.

"For what?" Sam asked, he was still holding my wrist loosely.

"For being here, for looking out for me." I smiled at them. They both smiled back, almost proudly, which they should be.

"Really though, you look great. Like damn I almost feel attracted to you." Corey joked, I laughed shaking my head fondly at him.

"Thanks man. Anyways Im hungry so I'm gonna fix myself some food." I told them.

"Yeah I'm gonna head back too, can't keep the fam waiting downstairs." Corey joked referring to his friends. Corey ran down the stairs, while Sam and I just walked down calmly.