Chapter Seven: Getting to Know You

You enter a firing range, or part of it. There are racks of weapons, some ranged, others melee. You see some upper agents training here, that you've met, including Hana "D.Va" Song, and Fareeha "Phara" Amari, Capitan Ana Amari's Daughter. Hana is firing a small pink pistol, while Fareeha is firing... a freaking rocket launcher. A ROCKET LAUNCHER!

"H-how is she?!" You ask confused, as Fareeha lugs the rocket launcher, aims, and explodes a target. Jesse simply laughs, and says, "She's pretty strong eh? But not as strong as Alexandra. She's the strongest woman in the world." He smirks at you, his hat tipping slightly to one side. He looks cute when that happens.

"I'm not the best expert on weapon selection, so I'll see if I can get Torbjörn over here." He presses a number on his watch, then starts talking to Torbjörn.

"What do you want Jesse?" The voice is quiet to you, it's coming from Jesse's earpiece, which can only mean that it's blaring in his ear. He swears from surprise before saying, "Look man, I need you to come down here. My mentee needs a weapon." The voice quiets to the point where you can't hear it. You just hear Jesse's quick responses of "Yeah. No, no. Okay. See you then. Bye."

You smile at him. "What?" He says, elbowing you in the ribs- smiling himself. "I have no idea." You say.
___________________________________

"So vhat you're going to do is hold it like this, and shoot it like this. Got it? Great." Torbjörn's impatience with you is kind of hilarious, as he's at least 1 foot shorter than you, looking up at you and yelling angrily. It seems that he thinks that he needs to yell up at you so you can hear him. His temper expresses that he had something better to work on.

You shoot the handgun and hit the target. You miss the center by a bit- but it's a start. "I can take over from here. Thanks Torb." He mutters something that sounds like "yeah....whatever....idiot.....stupid gun." That's all you can make out through his Swedish accent and low tone.

"Man he has a short temper." You say loud enough for him to hear. "Screw you (Y/N)!" He yells over his shoulder angrily. (Excuse my language) Jesse chuckles and continues to instruct you further.
___________________________________

You manage to improve your aim after an hour or so of training. Your best shots are when Jesse's hands are on yours, guiding the gun and your aim. His hands are warm, and you blush whenever his hands are on yours.

The handgun is shiny and smooth- most likely brand new. You literally took a personality test to determine your weapon. Then Torb chose the best fit for you. It was almost ridiculous how personal your weapon was, and how difficult the selecting process was. Soon, the day is finished. Jesse walks you back to your room as always, and he opens the door for you, per usual. "Hey." He says. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah sure." You say. "Come in, you can sit there." You jerk your head inside, motioning to your room. There's a small sitting area towards the back, and you sit across from each other.

"So, a part of the mentor-mentee relationship is getting to know each other more. Basically, every night or afternoon, besides Fridays, we'll do this. No Fridays." His hat is to one side again. You smile slightly.

"Deal?" He extends his hand. "Deal." You reply, shaking it. "Okay, first, any siblings?" "I have a twin brother." You reply. (You can mention your other siblings in your imagination, but you need this brother for the story. Sorry (Y/N). ~Zia)

"His name is Joseph. I call him Jo though. And you?" "Only child." He smiles. "I've always wondered what it was like having a sibling, but when I joined Overwatch, I knew. It sucks." He chuckles at his own joke. "But seriously, what is it like?" You can see that he's genuinely curious.