~Chapter 7~

Mito's point of view.

I was on a walk around the village we had just finished some missions, my mind still reeling from the events of our mission in the Land of Waves. Me nearly dying and Naruto almost killing Haku, only to be killed by Kakashi-sensei. Then only to wake up to Sasuke openly crying and blurting out his confession. My answer surprising everyone, when I said yes to being his girlfriend.

"Hey! Leave him alone you cat headed freak!" I heard the familiar voice of my brother. Sneaking into the section they were in I saw that Konohamaru was behind held by the throat by some older Sand ninja. No time for calculated planing I pulled out one of my pre-marked kunais and threw it right in between their faces and used the mark to teleport to them, roundhouse kicking the guy in the face and catching Konohamaru.

"Mii-chan!!" Naruto shouted happily. "Kankuro! you okay?" a female voice called out as she ran to the fallen Sand Ninja's side. "Who is that bitch?" The guy- Kankuro- said. "About to become your worst nightmare if you don't explain why you're attacking a child." I hissed out while hugging Konohamaru closer. "Big Sis, you're squishing me." Konohamaru gasped letting go a bit I set him down.

"Go stand behind Naruto and Sakura." he didn't argue and took off with Moegi and Udon behind him. Kankuro angry blasted at me his fist raised and ready to hit me but I knew Sasuke was sitting in the tree to my right and that he had my back. Throwing a pebble just as Kankuro was about to hit me, he dropped and clutched his turning red fist.

"Hey Sasuke, thanks for having my back." I said not having to look at him. "No problem babe. Now as for you guys, you're a long way from home and way out of your league." Sasuke said tossing another pebble up and down in his hand. "SASUKE!" Sakura shouted, but I was distracted by the intense bloodlust feeling coming from the upside down redhead next to Sasuke.

Kankuro glared, while the girl with him blushed. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I was still right in front of Kankuro. "Oh great another wimp to tick me off." Kankuro hissed out, Crushing the rock in his hand, Sasuke glared, "Get lost." I growled as I moved to lean against the wall with Sasuke and the redhead. Sakura and Moegi stared up at Sasuke with hearts and blush.

While Udon and Konohamaru had their heart eyes on me. "Big Sis is amazing," turning to Naruto Konohamaru pouted, "How come you're not cool like them!" poorly boosting his ego was ignored by everyone not listening, "Hey punk, get down here." When Sasuke moved to oblige I held up my hand and he smirked. "You two are the kind of pesky little snots I hate the most all attitude to back it up."

Kankuro said reaching for the bundle of wrapped cloth on his back. "You got this, Mito?" looking Kankuro up and down, I smirked. "Oh yeah, it'll be a piece of cake." Getting into his fighting stance Kankuro glared at me, "What? Are you gonna use the crow for this?" the girl said she looked genuinely shocked by her teammate's actions. "Kankuro, back off." the redhead finally said.

"Ah, so you do speak. I was starting to wonder if you were mute." I said to him as it was now his team's turn to be surprised. "You're an embarrassment to our village." the two sand ninjas stuttered in fear, as Kankuro greeted the redhead, "eh...hey Gaara." jumping up onto the wall under Sasuke I held his ankle for a moment to calm him. He looked at me and nodded in thanks. My eyes telling him that I would explain how he appeared out of nowhere.

"Have you forgotten why we came all the way out here." Gaara said still staring intently at Kankuro. "I-I know, b-but they challenged us." "No we did not, you attacked a child and we were forced to defend. I don't know about you or your village but we care very deeply for the children of ours." I challenged, gaining everyone's eyes on me. "The children of this village have dreams and it's their dreams that will make our village stronger, so if you wish to harm them your gonna have to go through me."

I said while drawing a three-pointed kunai with my mark on it. "So cool!" the academy kids said all sparkly eyed and blushing. Gaara turned to Sasuke and I and in monotone said: "I'm sorry for any trouble he's caused." The three of us had a silent staring contest before Gaara teleported to the ground via sand and Sasuke stood up. "Let's go, we didn't come here to play games." Gaara said cruelly.

"Alright sure, I get it." Kankuro said not wanting to bring on the wrath of his redheaded teammate. "Hold on, hey!" Sakura shouted as they were walking away. The sandy blonde haired girl turned groaning out an annoyed "What?" as the three of them stopped and turned back to us. "I can tell from your headbands that you come from the village hidden in the Sand, of course, the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allies, but no shinobi can enter another village without permission so-"

I got annoyed and cut off Sakura, "Oh shut up! They're here for the Chunin Exams, you dumbass!" the Academy kids oohed at Sakura as the Sand ninjas smirked at me, "And you're supposed to be the smart one, come on Sakura, think. The only none violent time ninjas from other villages enter a different one is during the Chunin Exams or if they carry a message that needs to be seen by a Kage directly."

She glared up at me. "The saying "I was having a blond moment" doesn't seem to apply to you, does it?" The girl said I raised my brow at her, "Go to your hotel or I'll send for an Anbu to bring you there." Glaring at me she huffed and turned away. "Hey, you! Identify yourself!" Sasuke called to the redhead, after jumping down from the tree. My eye twitched in slight annoyance as I followed him.

The girl turned and smiled cutely, "Who? Me?" I gagged loud enough for her to hear and she ignored me, "No, him the guy with the gourd on his back." "Huh?" Kankuro questioned but everyone ignored him. "My name is Gaara of the Dessert, I'm curious about you two, who are you?" he asked. Sasuke going first answered very proudly, "I am Sasuke Uchiha," taking my waist he pulled me closer and introduced me as well.

"And this is Mito Uzumaki." we had a moment where the wind blew our hair dramatically until Naruto shouted out, "Hi there, I bet you're dying to know my name, right?" Gaara didn't even spare my brother a look before saying, "I couldn't care less." they turned and then left. Asking Knohamaru if he was cool, the boy was brutally honest. "Compared to Big Sis and Sasuke, your pretty lame." Turning on Sasuke Naruto shouted.

"I'm not gonna let you get the best of me Sasuke." I only told him to stop yelling, and then turned to Konohamaru. "Come one you three let's get you back to where you're supposed to be." they whined and complained but didn't argue. "Sasuke I'll see you later?" I said getting his attention, at my side he gave me a kiss and nodded. "Don't take too long." I chuckled and nodded as he took off.