🚪 Chapter Four

Cactus Elize's POV:

I was on my way home when I saw a familiar face as I was about to pass by the convenience store just outside the subdivision. I walked closer and confirmed that it really was Shinko Credence. I stopped in front of her and blurted, "I thought I was mistaken for a while... but it was really you. Are you waiting for anyone here?"

"Cactus... Please...", she begged. It seemed like she didn't bring her money. And because I'm oh-so-kind, I asked her what she wanted to eat and treated her dinner.

Shinko asked me where I went this late at night as she pointed out that I was still wearing my school uniform.

"I just stopped by my brother's place to get allowance in exchange of helping him arrange his documents there. Which reminds me...", I remembered a certain document. I looked at her and smiled, "never mind."

You should have seen your face back there, Shinko. Pfft. The way you demanded me to tell you was very hilarious, I must say. However, that was just the beginning.

I bursted out laughing when she said that she was kicked out by Levi, why would her own husband do that??

Oops... Did I just say that out loud?

Positive, cause she stopped eating and looked at me with shock written all over her face. I told her that I accidentally read about it.

Then, I realized it was getting late by the minute. I actually don't have time for this!

"I have to go, bye.", I managed to say before rushing out of the convenience store. Shinko followed me, though.

Due to some instances, we both ended up here in my house. She helped me in preparing dinner and was happy to do the food tasting with me. Did I make too much just for dinner? No.

11:30pm

He should be home anytime now. I guess, I'll just watch TV while waiting for him.

I sat on the couch and turned the television on. I was busy changing channels when Shinko asked me if I have a bathroom. The silliness within me took over as I asked her, "What is a bathroom?"

What channel was it again? I can't remember the exact number. It's gonna be here somewhere. Oh! There it is. I was enjoying the moment I finally found the right channel. I might as well enjoy teasing Shinko, for she has amazed me for so many times today.

I answered her questions viciously and after I'm satisfied, I told her where the bathroom was.

Not long after, I heard the front door crack open. "I'm home.", came from a gentle masculine voice.

As I was about to walk towards the foyer, a warm hug embraced me. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he slammed his lips against mine.