🚪 Chapter Seventeen

Cactus Elize's POV:

"You are already finished, aren't you?", I said, glancing at Shinko.

"Me? No, I haven't finished it... Just kidding. Of course, I did. I'm awesome.", See? I knew it.

I glared at her and then realized something. That's Shinko, Cactus. Glares don't work on her.

"Eren helped me last night and I still didn't finish it. I am such a disappointment.", I sighed in distress, looking down at the scattered worksheets.

"In what way did he help you?", Shinko asked, tilting her head.

"He massaged my shoulders and made food. He carried me to bed when I couldn't stay up anymore.", I proudly said.

"THAT ISN'T HELPING AT ALL! HE IS JUST SPOILING YOU!", she shouted at my face, hitting on my arm numerous times.

Darling is spoiling me? All this time though, I've been thinking of him as overly 'sweet' and 'supportive' like the husband he should be. Him spoiling me has never crossed my mind. Is that a bad thing?

Eren's POV:

"Good morning!", Jean greeted with a noticeable cheeky smile, since he entered the office.

"Ah, it is good. Morning!", I greeted back, agreeing.

"Someone looks happy, don't you think?", Armin whispered from his desk.

I nodded. Maybe something good happened, last night. Who cares?

"Looks like you too are in a good mood. Mind sharing?", Armin said.

"You can wipe that smug look off your face.", I threw him a few glares. "Now, calm down. You know, I meant no harm.", he retorted, putting his hands on the air.

"Sorry, Armin. Sorry.", I sighed.

"What happened to the two of you? Lovers quarrel? C'mon, it ain't even lunch yet and you're already gay-ing around?", Jean butted in.

I just chose to ignore that horse face. If these two think they're going to ruin my morning, then they better think again.

I unlocked my phone and tapped straight to the gallery. Just one look at this photo, my morning gets even better. After all, this is the first meal I ever cooked.

*flashback*

"Darling, I'm exhausted!", my wife cried out loud, slumping on our bed.

"Well then, let's hit the bed.", I pushed our luggage to a side and made my way beside her.

"What about our luggage?", she asked with her obviously tired voice.

"Let's just unpack, tomorrow morning.", I shrugged.

"I see, too bad that I still have papers to work on. Ah, my body aches. Sorry, darling. I don't think I'll be joining you to sleep, tonight.", she said.

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE FUCKING SAID THAT?! Can't be helped. That's her disease. Cramming disease. There's just no cure.

As I closed my eyes to sleep, something my wife said got me thinking. 'Ah, my body aches.'

I should be supporting her, instead of pouting here like some stupid ten year old kid.

And that's exactly what I did. I massaged her shoulders. I went to the kitchen and began making a mess. I know my wife's too busy to even peek what the hell's going on here, so I can try anything with these knives and shredders.

I know, I haven't--never done anything like cooking before, but I want to cook something for her. I'll just use whatever's available in the fridge and maybe mix them together. I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

After an hour of pretending to be a cook, I finally came up with a decent meal. I am not sure if this one's even considered as food, to be honest. I placed the plate on a tray with a pitcher and a glass of water. I hope she won't judge.

Luckily, she didn't. Rather, she pulled me into a hug and thanked me. Okay, I often forget that I married a weird girl. Weird in many ways.

"This is... Darling, its perfect for your first meal!", She fucking knew!

"Chicken wrapped in parma ham, stuffed with mozzarella cheese and some homemade mashed potatoes. Darling, you're so extra.", she looked at me seriously as if waiting for me to give a signal. I chuckled and told her to dig in.

She continued working on her 'plates' after she finished. I just took my time in washing the dishes, cleaning the mess I made in the kitchen. I even started unpacking our luggage. If she's staying an all nighter, then I'd better stay up with her. 

3:00am

I didn't notice the time passing by. I averted my gaze from the small clock on the side table to my wife, who's overexerting herself to keep her eyes open. I face palmed and walked my way towards Cactus. I told her that it's time for her to sleep and carried her to bed before she could even refuse.