🚪 Chapter Sixteen

Cola Elica's POV:

"Hmm...mm?", I noticed a plate with some rabbit shaped apples on the table when I opened my eyes.

"Eat all this okay? I learned that apples could help you stay awake. But please try to sleep when you can. Good night, C.", Jean said before kissing me on my temple.

Cola, mind over matter! Don't melt.

Twenty minutes has passed since I went back to working again and I felt my eyes giving up on me once again. Then, I remembered the apples on the table and the moment of his lips was on my forehead for a second. I picked up one small apple slice from the plate and felt a something close to a paper. A memo?

"You might not like this but I'm still gonna finish. This little poem that's more of a last minute-ish. I want to say sorry for being so dense. Cos honestly I think you're not making any sense. For being so mad at me for i dont know what for. I'm just gonna be silent in the corner so dont be grumpy, na-uh no more. This is my only chance for you to forgive me. I'll let these words express 'me'. That 'me' loves 'you' more than anything. You are the icing on my cupcake and other things. Hope you'll forgive me after this. Then will let me hold you just as much as I ahem you wish. I would call you your favorite character, but you're not 'blondie' cos yours is darker. And I know how much you don't like carrots, so i'm not gonna call you that, and that and that. Always know that this is only ¼ of my heart. I'm pouring the others during our lifetime, it's called a hustle sweetheart."

What should I do with you, Jean? You are just...so..."Sweet conDENSE", I said, full of fond.

I looked at Jean, who has fallen asleep on the couch, and made my way towards him. He looked like a prince. I kneeled down beside him and wiped a strand of hair off of his face.

"Good night, J.", I whispered before placing a kiss on his temple.