🚪 Chapter Nineteen

Jean's POV:

"What the hell's going on? Eren?!", I yelled as I rushed into the Hell's kitchen.

"Armiiiin!", I heard Eren's loud scream from the corner.

"Hey, Eren! Hang in there. Where's Armin?"

"A-armin... He was--Armin he...", Eren was trembling in fear.

"Hey, bud. It's okay. Calm down and tell me what happened.", I held his arm, consoling him.

He took a deep breath and said, "He's right...there." He pointed his finger towards a dog. Wait, a dog?

"What's a Corgi doing here?"

"That one's Armin. I have no idea why, but we heard a crack and the next thing I know...", Eren began narrating.

"Some sort of fluid splashed on Armin and turned him into a Corgi?", are you serious about this? I know, Eren doesn't look like a fool to be lying right now...but what the hell!

"I don't know what exactly I should respond to this. All I know is that this place is a Hell's kitchen for real. Taking a step in this lab is a one big mistake.", I said as I began feeling creeps.

"Jean, you're right. Let's get out of here.", Eren grabbed Armin. We walked out of that dangerous laboratory.

I hurried to my desk and began dialing on the telephone.

Ring ring riiiing RIIIING!

"Miss Hanji's not answering!", I yelled.

We have an appointment scheduled an hour from now. Our company was invited as guest speakers on Cola and her friends' school today. I was looking forward to it, but now that we have Armin like this...

"So... What now?", I asked.

"I'll go call Sir Levi.", Eren said, tapping on his phone with one hand as for the other holds Armin.

That Corgi is Armin. The same Corgi as the one Cola's favorite kind of dog.

Wait a sec. Is Armin aware of him turning into a dog? I don't think so. He may be Armin, but he doesn't know he's Armin because he's literally a dog right now!

Does it mean that I can take advantage of him being a dog and give him as a present to my fiancee? Maybe, he wouldn't mind. Or would he?

I was in the middle of arguing with myself when I found myself, sitting on my bottom.

"Jean?! Hey, horse face!", it turns out that Eren pushed me.

"Suicidal bastard, what did you do that for?!", I yelled as I stood up, rubbing my bum.

"You were spacing out, freak. Sir Levi's phone is turned off, I can't reach him at all. It's almost time for us to leave, what do we do now?"

What else? Turn my thoughts into reality. I might need to buy a ribbon for our little Armin here.

"Jean, are you coming or not? And please stop smiling like that, evil smiles like that don't suit you!", Eren yelled before slamming the door.

I chuckled, did he really have to say that?

Eren's POV:

"Here. Hold Armin for me.", I handed the creature to horse face.

"Hey, where are we heading to? This is not the road to Cola's school.", he asked, looking at the window then at me.

"Relax. I'm taking a detour."

"What for? Don't tell me you wanted to buy me a ribbon because I'm going to puke."

What ribbon is Jean talking about?

"For my wife. Stop assuming every once in a while, it's not that bad.", and with that I ended the conversation.

After buying a bouquet of flowers and a ribbon...we headed to my wife's school.

I glanced at my Rolex, then took a swift turn to the campus' parking area.

"Just in time. That was smooth.", Jean said, complimenting my driving skills.

"You two stay here. I'll just...", I motioned the bouquet and got out of my rover.

Just as when I was about to go upstairs, Cactus came into sight.

"Daaaaarliiiiiiiiiing~", she called out, running towards me. I pulled her into big hug, spinning her around. I gave her the bouquet without releasing from the hug.

And then...some horse face just had to come and ruin the moment.

"Hey, suicidal love bastard! We are having a crisis here, remember?"

DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO BUTT IN?

"Right.", I put my wife down and went towards Shinko and Cola. They were actually there, I almost didn't notice.

"Good morning...", I bowed as a sign of respect to the two, then faced Shinko.

"Uhm, do you perhaps know where Sir Levi is? He needs to be here right now.", Shinko looks scarier than usual.

"He was... Still sleeping when I leave...", she began. "THE HOUSE AND HIS MOM TOLD ME HE IS SLEEPING!", she yelled at me, way too scary.

"I'm sorry for asking.", I bowed endless times. Shit, I just made a fool out of myself. Her phone rang, saving me from the whole embarrassment.