🚪 Chapter Twelve

Hanji's POV:

Bam!

I heard a loud sound, causing me to open my shut eyes wide. Staring at nothing but darkness, I lazily reached for my eye glasses on the side table.

I was about to remove my blindfold and replace it with my glasses when I heard Levi's famous expression, 'tch'.

I wonder what was that loud sound earlier...all about? Hmmm~ I wonder~

I smiled as I scanned the room. Erwin's beddings were already piled up neatly, so was Levi's.

I didn't notice that my smile slowly began to form a wicked smirk until Petra pointed it out.

"Captain Hanji! You are s-smiling...c--", Petra stuttered, shaking as she grabbed on Oluo's sleeves.

"What's wrong with smiling, eh?~", I asked.

"Tch, Petra. You're gonna rip my sleeves off... What a pai--", Oluo said, mimicking Levi, as he brushed off Petra's hand.

"--Trying to speak like Captain Levi again? I told you to stop that already.", Petra jabbed him with her elbow, causing Oluo to jerk in pain.

"So when are you two getting married, hmmm?~", I teased.

"M-maybe when you finally learn how to refrain from smiling creepily, no, smirking wickedly...C-captain!", Petra replied, leaving Oluo caught off guard from her words.

Nah! Gotta leave those two before I get infected with the love they had spread in the air. Evacuation is indeed a need!

Wait, love? What happened to the three birds in love...? Hehehe~ This, I gotta see!

I noticed the German boy, still sitting on a side of his bed. Technically, Cactus' bed, but who cares. Anyway, I walked towards the boy and sat down beside him.

"Eren...", I began as I tried pulling off his both hands, covering his entire face. Why cover though?

"Hot, hot... HOT!!", I immediately removed my hand from him. What was that?! Eren is burning up. Is he sick or something?

"Miss Hanji? I beg your pardon.", Eren said as he uncovered his face.

"You're burning up, Eren! What's wrong? Have you forgotten to take your meds? Should I wear a mask, just in case?", I blabbered.

"No, no! That's not, I mean, I'm not--sick or anything alike. I probably just need to take some fresh air to cool myself. Miss Hanji, thanks for worrying, but I'm fine. Really, so if you'll excuse me.", Eren said in a serious tone as he patted my shoulder before walking towards the door.

"Did he just ditch me?", I whispered the thought to myself.

"Beats the hell outta me.", I didn't expect Jean to answer my thoughts for me.

I averted my eyes towards the bathroom door, and as if in cue, Cactus came out from it. She was wearing a simple grayish dress with a round collar. Drying her hair with a small navy bluish towel, she walked towards Cola, who was busy tapping on her phone.

On the corner of my eye, I noticed Jean, he was laying down on the couch. His arm swinging back and forth, hanging on a side. Ohohoho~ His arm might be sore from holding a princess in his arms, last night.

I could feel my cheeks bubble from the thought. I can't possibly laugh at the memory of him, claiming himself as Cola's brother just to make her calm down and listen to him... Or can I?