🚪 Chapter Ten

Eren's POV:

Miss Hanji was, as usual, being bubbly slash creepy on our way back to our rooms.

"Shut it, shitty glasses. The kids might be asleep by now.", Sir Levi scolded as he opened the door.

As the door cracked open, I--no--we all saw a huge mess!

With eyes wide open in shock and jaw slightly dropped, I shook my head in hope that I was only seeing things.

Litters scattered all over the room, Cactus and her friends were like they were on drugs or something...

"What the--", Jean said a second before I cursed, "Shit."

Cactus was laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling with her mouth open. What exactly happened here? Cactus...? Is that really you?

I noticed Shinko was crying and laughing, then sobbing. And did Cola just pass out?

While most of us were still in shock and in a confused state, Miss Hanji seemed to be enjoying what's happening. She held her video camera and laughed out loud while recording every single detail. Probably for her own documentary thing or just for some blackmailing purposes...

"Who gave them alcohol?", Captain Erwin asked calmly. How could he keep himself calm in this situation?!

Sir Miche began sniffing on some unfinished drinks, the three possibly took. He said that they were just flavoured water drinks.

I heard Sir Levi complain about Shinko still being a minor as Sasha cried saying the three didn't even save her some share.

"Can I talk to Cactus...", I hear someone say. A girl, who looked about our age, stood by the door with an apologetic smile. That girl...don't tell me...she knows the reason behind all this...? Could it be?

As Sir Erwin was talking to her, I tried my best to stop myself from wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation.

I just focused my attention to my wife, Cactus. As Cola woke up and dizzily sat, Cactus stared at the ceiling, raising her arm as if reaching for something. She asked, "Do you know this circular template??"

The other two began acting all high and sung to their hearts content with matching chants.

"LOVE IS AN OPEN DOOR!", Cactus started opening the cabinet.

Seriously, this is getting out of hand. They're obviously in a drunk state, figuring how their hiccups get worse as they go on.

"WAKE ME UP!", Cola and Cactus second voiced Shinko.

And just before Shinko could finish her line, Sir Levi punched her on her stomach, knocking her down completely.

I also want to stop Cactus before she gets worse, but I can't possibly punch her or hurt her! What should I do...?

"She can't wake up! Hic. HEHEHE~", my wife said as she went inside the cabinet.

"Cactus! Why did you even eat a lot with wine content?! I thought you don't drink?!", I scolded her.

"Eren~ Darling~ Find me~", Cactus said as she covered herself with the beddings.

I face palmed as I let out a weak sigh. My wife still thinks this is some kind of game...

I was about to open the cabinet when I heard Cola say, " I am drawing Jean's face... He doesn't look like a horse." Then, Cola started crying.

"Yes, he doesn't.", the horse face replied, blushing.

I couldn't help myself but yell, "She is just saying that because she is drunk, horse face!"

"It isn't, suicidal bastard!", Jean yelled back. Pfft. Really, Jean? You're going to believe that? You're only lying to yourself, dud----Cactus went out from the cabinet, angry. She blurted, "Why won't my Eren play with me?! Aren't I fun to be with anymore?"

Then, tears started flowing from her eyes down to her cheeks...

"No. No. No. It isn't like that.", I shook my head repeatedly as I pulled my wife into me, wiping her tears with my finger. Please don't cry...

I frowned as she began hitting me softly saying that she permits me to ditch her... After all, she's not fun to be with anymore... She cried and sobbed, then hiccupped.

I held her hands to stop her from hitting me, but she just yelled at me. However, because she has been crying for so long, her yell sounded a bit less louder. She realized that, so she just threw a few dagger glares at me as she struggled to escape from my arms.

She got herself free, barely though. After that, she pushed me, leaving me sitting on my bottom.

That was all it took to make me mad.

"Why are you even mad at me?! You were the one, who ate those chocolates. You are such a glutton!", I blew up.

"Eren... Is yelling at me. And is calling me a glutton... Eren doesn't love me anymore. I still love you though even if you hate me. Go ahead and have an affair with Levi...", she complained before she ran off. Just when I was about to call out for her, she fell on ground and lost her consciousness. Noooo!

I carefully picked her up and put her to bed. Oh no. She got herself some bruises.

Armin assured me that he will tend to her wounds. Just when I felt some relief in my heart, Mikasa pulled me by my shirt and then I got myself some serious scolding from her.

"And lastly, Eren... Go to her. She needs you.", Mikasa said with a warm smile after scolding me for how long was that? Half an hour, maybe.

I thanked her and went my way to Cactus. She was gripping on her pillow tight and she was...crying?

I pulled her blanket underneath carefully and covered her with it. As the silk laid itself upon her chest, she raised her hands slightly to hold mine.

I sat beside her as she held my hand. I gently rubbed her wedding ring as I stared at her, raising our clasped hands to my lips... I kissed her knuckles and whispered, "Good night, darling." I saw her smile in her sleep. I will never get tired of loving you. Till death do u...s...par...t.