🚪 Chapter Five

Eren's POV:

Wrapping my arms around her waist, I slammed my lips against hers.

I could feel her struggling to escape from my embrace and my lips, but as if I'd let her do that. She was trying to say something in between of our kiss, "I...ave...someon...over..."

You think I'd fall for that trap? Like you have the guts to cheat on me. I just pressed onto her even more until I felt her finally giving in. We were close to losing breath when I heard a voice from a corner of the living room.

I opened my eyes in suprise, there I saw a familiar face. Wait. Wha-- Cactus had pushed me back, leaving me panting.

"Told you.", she whispered before walking towards the kitchen with a smile. I only sighed in defeat. She did actually tell me.

"Come on, Eren!...", called the psycho.

*flashback*

"This is getting creepy...", I whispered to myself as I tried driving as fast as I could. There's a fucking psycho catching up to me with just a fucking bicycle!! I just wanna go home real fast now. I took a turn as a decoy and drove straight through the subdivision. Thinking that I'm already safe, I parked my rover just in front of my house. As I was about to walk towards the front door, I felt an arm on my shoulders.

"Pleasant evening, Eren~ Don't drive too fast like that, you could get into accident. Be careful next time I follow you again. Hehehe~", Ms. Hanji mumbled behind me.

She really killed the lights out of me. How could she stalk me like that?! That was uncalled for.

*end of flashback*

Ms. Hanji mentioned about an experiment or something like that and I said no. The persistent that she is, I think she followed me inside the house. Just how creepy could she be? Guess, she didn't mind the scene I had with Cactus. Good grief.

Though it was very embarrassing a friend of Cactus' had seen us kissing in the open.

I decided to apologize to Shinko.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you..." believe me

"...but I just didn't know that someone else was in the house..." an obvious lie, I knew, I just didn't believe it

"...It was really embarrassing. I'm really sorry."

Before I get to realize it, so much noise had been going on inside the house, making me uncomfortable as fuck. It's almost midnight, do you people understand that? Also, I smell like sweat right now.

I told Cactus, but presumably said it aloud, that I'm just going upstairs to change clothes.

I came out of the master's bedroom in a comfortable gray shirt and sweat pants. When I went downstairs, Ms. Hanji asked for my full home address. I answered with a curious look, "Uhm... 104 Schnee St. Madison Subdivision." I think I said that clearly, but Ms. Hanji still managed to mess up with my address while talking on her phone. I still had to correct her.

"Who is it, Hanji? Was there an emergency?, I heard Cactus ask.

Cactus set the table on the dining room for Hanji and I. I asked Cactus to join us, but she refused--saying she just finished dinner with Shinko...but because I insisted so bad, she finally sat to eat with us. All she ate were only puddings and I didn't mind at all, as long as I get to eat with her.

The doorbell rang just when the three of us finished eating dinner. Ms. Hanji was the first to welcome the visitor. It turned out that Sir Levi was the person Ms. Hanji was talking to over the phone. I went and greeted him with full respect. He's our team leader, after all.

Cactus told us to sit together in the living room while placing some light snacks on the center table. As we sat ourselves on the couch, things began to seem uneasy somehow. What's with this heavy atmosphere? I can feel the tension getting worse.

Ms. Hanji tried to ease the tension, but didn't really help. Sir Levi still seemed furious. His cold eyes looked like he's ready to kill someone by any minute. Is he mad because of...

"I'm sorry, sir.", I began. "I have been incompetent this day and haven't finished what you asked me to do. And also I spent my time until elev"--"Eren, darling, please shut up."

With that Cactus shut me up without another word. I think I even saw her smile. It was worth it. I was so preoccupied about her smile that I was caught off guard when I felt my shirt being pulled up...by Sir Levi?!

"Letting a girl inside??", I yell-whispered, overly confused with the accusation thrown at my face. The hell was that about?

I heard Cactus reply that I don't like Shinko, slightly raising her voice on the argument. What she said was true, though.

Sir Levi's eyes turned darker as he spat that I probably paid Cactus for this. With my track record, I can't even compare with her money. That wasn't really a smart comeback.

Cactus continued on trying her best to defend me, yelling to maybe knock some sense on Sir Levi. I grimaced when her voice has started cracking a few times. There's absolutely way I'm letting her strain her voice over someone that's not me. She belongs to me, even her voice too. I own the full package and I'm very lucky for it.

I think it's time to clear what this midget team leader is freaking on about! I tried to get away from Sir Levi's tight grip on my now wrinkled shirt. I told him that I'm not even interested with his girl because she scares me and...why would I even choose to like her? I already got myself one loving Cactus.

"Beat that, Levi-heichou. We are married!', Cactus showed off her wedding ring proudly. Sir Levi removed his grip on my shirt and dropped me, finally thinking rational once again,

He focused his attention at Shinko and choked her without any warning?! ...or maybe not.

He began blurting out things that made me take his side, despite everything he had done tonight.

Forgive me Shinko, but if Cactus were also in your shoes, I'd definitely eat her alive. This mess may be about some little misunderstanding though. What even was hard with choosing to talk things over in their best calm state?

I noticed Cactus' face turn pale on the corner of my eye. She embarrassingly covered her face upon realizing what she had just said. She plead them to keep our marriage secret. I hugged her and rubbing circles on her back to comfort her.

I understand how much she wants to keep our marriage a secret, but if I'm going to be honest with my wife, by the way we stare at each other and the few pecks we share when we thought no one was looking...anyone would figure us out or have already.

It's already 1 in the morning, everyone would agree that this has been an exhausting day for all of us. So we decided to call it a night. Ms. Hanji went ahead first. Sir Levi followed not long after, grabbing Shinko tightly on her wrist to their way out. Who knew he was the aggressive kind?