🚪 Chapter Twenty-nine

Cola Elica's POV:

After that song Jean told me was his gift, he hung up on me. He didn't even give me the chance to react. So maybe I would just send him my reply?

"Thank you! 💕 If I'm going to be honest, I thought what you wrote for me would scream 'happy birthday' all the way. Huehue, jk. 😆"

Two quick blow of horn outside made me look up from my phone to the window.

"Elica, would you get that? I'm just preparing something.", my brother called from the kitchen. I got up from the couch, it's not like I can tell him no.

I walked out the door and asked who they were. They were obviously delivery carriers from Last🗼da and Jeabee, but I just had to make sure.

"I've come for an item delivery from Last🗼da."

"I have food deliveries from Jeabee."

The two delivery men answered at the same time.

"The order was addressed to this house. Is Miss Cola Elica Quinn here?", they asked in chorus.

I had to bite my lip to stop myself from smiling, "I am she."

They both handed me the deliveries and were about to go on their way, but I was quick enough to query who ordered. Don't get me wrong! I'm thankful these packages were specifically for me, but I don't remember ordering anything.

"I can't say. Have a nice day.", for the third time...why are they speaking in unison? Ahm, well. It's not like the name of the purchaser isn't written in the sales invoice.

I went back inside the house and placed the brown bags from Jeabee on the dining table. I read the receipt taped on top of the package from Last🗼da.

"Product(s): Tsukki Model Kalimba Key Thumb Piano Bamboo Wood 2020 with gift card.

Price(s): 1,900.

Paid by: Jean Kirstein."

I was about to open the bucket lid from Jeabee when I heard my phone rang from the living. It ended up being a missed call, but I received messages afterwards.

"I need to evacuate. Send helpppp"

"I'll meet you at the terminal. We'll crash at Shinko's hometown?"

Sender? I didn't even have to guess.