🚪 Chapter Thirteen

Cola Elica's POV:

After we had lunch, we decided to play beach volleyball.

"We are at the beach. Let us enjoy while we can, okay?", Cactus said.

"Shinko, I know we can't help you now, but we can assure you one thing. This will end happily.", I told Shinko, trying my best to console her.

This will end happily, huh? I should have bought some popcorn if I knew that I will be able to watch a stupid movie. Starring Apple-boy and his annoying pests.

You looked like you were enjoying your company back there, Jean-boy. Flattered that you've got pests ogling around you like an enchanted apple?

"Nice serve, Cola!", I heard Cactus cheer from the side. Just a few seconds after a short whistle was heard, I positioned myself to get ready for a serve. This beach volley came up with the right timing.

Bop! Boogsh!

The ball went over the net and headed straight to Jean's face. He deserved that one and deserves more from that one! The ball was a bit lighter than the normal rubber ball used in volleyball, so it didn't hurt as bad. Tragic.

"Nice kill!", Shinko said, giving a heavy pat on my back. I almost choked to death a moment there. Now, I know why Cactus made Shinko play with me.

"Oh my, Jean. I'm sorry, are you alright? You know I didn't mean that, riiiight?~", I asked as I walked towards the net.

He just nodded. He probably thought that hit was just by chance because he wasn't pissed at all.

"That's score one for Team Swift Quinn!", Cactus exclaimed, writing the number '1' under our names on the board. Swift Quinn? I like that.

Ahm, that's right.

Cactus volunteered herself to be the scorer. She was, actually, the one I asked to team up with me. When I told her the reason I was so fired up though, she asked me to wait till she gets back and went off somewhere.

She came back with Shinko. Cactus said that it's best for me to have someone like Shinko on my team rather than a clumsy like Cactus, herself.

"Cactus! You're being bias here. Not fair. You, of all people, should stay neutral!", Eren blurted out.

"And you two! Don't let your guard down, we'll catch up and win this game. Right, Jean?", he continued, putting up a middle finger to the sky.

We resumed the game and played two complete sets. The game ended, having Team Swift Quinn as the winner with a full score of 2-0!

"Cola, good game.", Jean said as he shook my hand.

"Pardon? I didn't quite catch that.", a faint 'yeah' was heard from the back...

"I said... Cola, good ga--", Jean was in middle of repeating himself, but too bad for him, he fell with his face slamming hard onto the sand.

"Good game, my ass. We could have won if you weren't obnoxious the whole time, horse face!", Eren groaned, obviously pissed off.