🚪 Chapter Six

Cola Elica's POV:

We are currently spending our time at the same old convenience store and Cactus had been hysterically laughing after she pointed out that Shinko looks like a grandma because she's wearing patterned pajamas while Cactus and I are still in our school uniforms.

I tried rubbing the back of my ankle discreetly in hope to numb the soreness from walking with heels for the whole day.

Anywho, going back to pajamas here, I defended, "There is nothing wrong with pajamas!"

Pajamas are way comfy than sleeping with a skirt on. I mean, really? What a bummer.

Cactus apologized with a grin. Does it even count? She sounded more sarcastic than sincere to me.

Then, she said something about an interrogation. I heard her mention my name. Uh oh. Is that...my engagement ring on her hand?? Where did she get that? I thought I lost it.

Good thing, nothing about the engagement ring part didn't slip out of my mouth. Her interrogation continued as she kept putting me on the hot seat. I'm being pushed at the corner. Should I tell them the truth?

"I-it was given by my... Mama," I stuttered as I tried avoiding any eye contact. I'm bad at lying.

"LIAR!!", Cactus yelled at me. Told you, I'm bad at this.

Cactus still wasn't having enough and decided to add threat on me, this time. Even Shinko joined her. I ended up telling them the truth and much to my amazement, I learned that Cactus was already married and so was Shinko?? "HEY!", Shinko yelled, hitting the table. What a brute force! Better not get into fight with her.

We were thrown out by the mad lady from the counter. On a positive side, this might be a cue for us to go home. I waved goodbye and went ahead.