🚪 Chapter Twenty-five

Eren's POV:

"Penny for your thoughts.", Jean speaks. I lazily flicked my eyes over the horse face and shrug.

"I'm not thinking of anything...", I reply as I began unwrapping my cheese burger.

"Weren't you going to wait for the others before you eat that thing, chee-burger bastard?", ugh! Can't you spend a day without being such an ass? "Just eat your damn fries and shut up."

"Suicidal bastar--"

"--not today, Jean."

I remember what I accidentally read, last night and the story just kind of...stuck.

*flashback*

"Darling, I think there's a ghost in our house!", Cactus tells me.

I sighed. "Another one?", she shook he head. I've gotten used to this ghost stuff, thanks to her ability to see most of them lurking around.

They are not scary anymore and we think that we'll be okay as long as we respect them.

Beep koi*&%$#

Wtf? I know it might sound weird coming from me, but I'm sure I heard my voice along a very short vibration.

Beep koi*&%$#

Ah! It's her phone. Could be a call, should I answer it for her?

I grabbed the phone on the dining table and I couldn't help but get curious as the screen lighted on. I don't know what even happened here, but her phone...kind of unlocked on its own...a little weird. Almost like it's begging me to read something.

"The world--despite what everyone tries to convince you--isn't nice and people aren't nice and memories make you cry. The world creates disasters and is full of people, who want to do harm and not good. The world is dark and lonely and even though there are over seven billion people, you still feel like like you have no one around."

"Moth thinks about this often. He thinks about how everyone is born and then, at some point we die and that's it."

"Saved Just Now"

I narrowed my eyes on the screen and continued scrolling down to the bottom. The world what--who the fuck is Moth?!

"The problem with our society is that they think suicide shows weakness. Everyone hates and blames the person that committed it and not the people that caused it."

"I see your point, yeah, but suicide should never be the answer. There are people, who loves you and that's not fair."

"What's not fair is letting them stay here when they don't want to be."

"I'd miss you if you left."

"It's not about me, Moth! Not everything I say is because I'm sad. Fucking shut up for once and think."

Who the hell is this Moth?! Shit, don't tell me...

"No, darling!", I winced at the loud call. I wondered what Cactus was going to do when she walked closer and grabbed her phone from my hand.

"Care to tell me who's Moth, Cactus Jaeger?", I emphasized the last name. She just shook her head, "Moth Stella? Nobody. Just a character on a story I was working on..."

"Ah.", I'm still not buying anything just because she said that.

"...but I'm thinking of just deleting it because it makes no relevance to growth.", she added. I guess, she was actually telling me the truth.

*end of flashback*

"Idiot! You still didn't find your ring, have you?!", Cactus was rampaging in the cafeteria...

"Please calm down.", I murmured. I can feel the eyes of the students from another table directed towards us. I held her hand and squeezed it, hoping it could stop her and just then...Cola whispered something to Cactus' ear that made my wife smirk, "Oh~ Good job, Levi-sensei."

"Psst. What time is it on your watch?", Jean whispered. I glanced at my Rolex and...

"Shit! We are already late for the class! See you, darling.", I planted a quick kiss on Cactus' forehead before running off to class with Jean.