chapter 43: coming home

tyler opened the front door to the joseph-dun home, rolling his suitcase along with him. "i'm ho-"

"babyyyy!!!" josh exclaimed, running up to his husband and tackling him in a hug.

tyler giggled and hugged his husband tightly back, dropping his suitcase. "hi, baby."

josh grinned and pressed a long kiss against his husband's lips, tyler smiling and immediately melting into it. they both then pulled back a little later, pressing their foreheads and giggling.

"mmm i missed you," josh smiled.

"missed you more, joshua," tyler grinned, reaching up and wrapping his arms around his husband's neck.

"BABA!" ollie screamed, toddling up to josh and hugging his legs tightly.

"hi, ollie!" tyler giggled, picking his son up and hugging him tightly.

"ha, baba," oliver grinned, kissing tyler's cheek.

"did you have fun with daddy?"

"YA!" oliver yelled.

"i see he didn't work on using our inside voice, did he?" tyler giggled.

"NNNNNNO," ollie yelled with a proud grin.

"oh, yeah, um... inside voice, bubba," josh laughed.

"i'm just soooo happy i'm back with my boys," tyler smiled, hugging his son tightly as his husband hugged him.

"and your boys are soooo happy you're back," josh smiled, kissing his husband's cheek.

"did you guys already eat dinner?" tyler asked.

"MAC N CHEESEEEEE!" oliver yelled excitedly.

"did you have anything, baby?" josh asked.

tyler shook his head. "no. just some small stuff on the plane. i'm not hungry, though."

"how about a late-night donut run?" josh grinned.

"YAHHHHH!" oliver yelled.

josh giggled. "are you down for it, baby?"

"YAHHHHHH!" ollie yelled with a wide smile.

josh laughed. "TYTY, are you down for it?"

"YAHHHHH!" ollie yelled again.

"yes, baby. sounds good," tyler giggled.

and so the three got on their pajamas and headed to the car, driving to dunkin' donuts.

"what sounds good, baby?" josh asked his husband.

"mmm, just a chocolate glazed is good for me," tyler said.

"what about you, o-"

"PINK!"

tyler and josh both giggled, joshua ordering two chocolate glazed donuts and one strawberry in the drive thru.

they then got their donuts and parked in a parking spot, tyler and josh both crawling into the backseat with ollie so they could snuggle.

tyler sat in josh's lap, his face buried in his neck as they cuddled in the backseat of the car. meanwhile, ollie sat in his car seat, snacking away at his treat.

tyler and josh didn't eat, though. they just wanted to be with each other.

"i missed you so much, joshua," tyler said, looking up at his husband.

"i missed you too, ty. so much," josh said, rubbing their noses together.

"BABA! OLLIE MISS YOU TOO!"

tyler giggled and kissed oliver's temple. "i missed you too, sweet boy."

"kiss baba pwease," ollie said. he liked it when his daddies kissed, seeing it as something they did when they weren't mad at each other. and ollie hated when his daddies were mad at each other, even if it rarely happened nowadays.

tyler giggled and nodded, crawling back into josh's lap and kissing his lips.

"we should probably head back. i think daddies need daddy-daddy time," josh said.

tyler smiled and nodded in agreement.

and so they headed back home, putting ollie to bed before they walked to their room hand-in-hand. they crawled into bed, just holding each other for several minutes.

"you make me the happiest boy in the world, tyler."

"i could say the same to you, handsome," tyler smiled, pressing a kiss to the base of his husband's jaw.

"i still can't believe we met in a car crash. if it hadn't happened, we would've just kept driving. we wouldn't even know each other," josh said.

"i wouldn't be here," tyler said, looking into his husband's eyes.

"but i'm so glad you are," josh said, caressing his husband's cheek. "i probably wouldn't be married, and if i was, i wouldn't be half as happy as i am now. ollie might not have a family. and no one would have ever gotten to prove to you that you're worth love."

tyler's eyes fluttered closed and he nodded, gently cupping josh's chin and pressing a soft kiss against his lips. "you're the best thing in the world, josh. you really, really are."

"oh, hush."

"it's true."

"maybe to you it is."

"you're right. it's true for me. and i'm glad it's only true for me because if other people saw you the way i see you, there'd be a bunch of people trying to make you theirs. and i don't like sharing. especially when it comes to you," tyler said.

josh smiled and blushed, hugging his husband closer. "i love you, ty."

"love you more, joshua william."