chapter seventeen (find him?)

i walked up to jane as i reached school, "do you know where mike is?" i asked, my books almost slipping from my arms.

   "no, find him?" her head tilted, yeah, she doesn't talk much.

some say she has powers but really i think she is just an exchange student.

   "yeah, do you wanna help me? i have to look for richie too!" i groaned, she cracked a small smile and nodded.

  "lets check by the lockers." i suggested, then turned around to head back to the main hallway.

soon enough we were there, but they weren't.

  "gym." she whispered, almost scared?

i winced into a smile but then immediately held my straight face. "okay." and then we started off in that direction.

  she was right, richie was in there. along with billy, mike, eddie, lucas, dustin, and stan.

   richie was cornering billy, mike was yelling over richies shoulder arguing with stan, eddie and lucas were grabbing richies arms and dustin looked almost frozen.

   i ran up in front of richie before he took the first swing and wrapped my arms around him to hold him still.

   he almost instantly hugged back, but the moved me out of the way. mike held me back while richie began to pummel the shit out of billy.

  even in this situation, you know what i find weird? how the hell do mike and richie look like the exact same fucking person??

  anyways, tears welled up into my arms as i called his name out, which made him take a step back and run up to me. billy was still on the ground.

"kim, look at me." he brought his hand up to my chin and turned my eyes from billy to him. "i know what he did." he nodded sympathetically.

"no." i shook my head, embarrassed that he found out. it felt like everyones eyes were on me.

their eyes big and filled with sorrow.

i scurried out of there quicker than a mouse. richie was hot on my heels.

"kimberly wait!" but i continued on running.

"really? kim, come on, please slow down!" he yelled, as my pace began to decrease.

"god, you should join track." he bent over, and started breathing heavy.

i wanted to laugh, but i stayed quiet.

"let's go home, yeah?"