chapter two (as ready as georgie was!)

i rolled over on the bed, groaning in frustration. "get the hell out." i mumbled as i shoved the blanket off of me.

"but-but we have to go see 'your boy' at the the bridge." he fake pouted, and then rolled his eyes.

he swiftly ran a hand through his wavy black hair. he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

"richie, he isn't 'my boy' and i don't want to go, now leave." i spat back.

"oh kimmie" he fake sighed as he sat on the bed beside me and put his glasses back on. his eyes becoming larger.

i thought it was always cute. friendly cute, of course.

"i'll take you by derry's ice cream parlor?" he stated, i sprung up and reached for him.

his eyes went wide and he went to grab onto something so he wouldn't fall but failed.

we both toppled onto the floor, but he broke my fall so i was all good.

i pulled back and looked down at him, "fuck." he moaned in pain. "you need to cut back on that pizza kim." he joked, laughing after.

"ha, ha, jackass." i finally sat up and took a good look at him. his slim figure soon followed.

then we were pretty much just staring at each other, sitting kris-crossed like.

he opened his mouth to say something, but the closed it again and shook his head lightly with a sigh.

"what?" i asked, tilting my head to take a good look at his face.

"nothing, i forgot, haha." he laughed it off but still he seemed off, but i decided to leave it alone.

-

"you ready?" i asked as i stood back to take one last look at myself.

"as ready as georgie was!" he replied sarcastically, he walked out from my room and into the bathroom entrance.

"okay, you look hot, let's go." he dragged me by my arm and ran us to the car.

-

he started to pull over to the side and slow down. i opened my eyes fully and looked around in search for billy.

i got out of the car, and returned to richie's side, considering what he said might be true. i tugged on his arm while looking at the dim lights on the abandoned road.

he didn't seem to take notice so i didn't pull away. it was actually pretty terrifying how dark it was and it was only around 6.

we walked up to the edge of the cliff, looking to the bottom to find billy. he wasn't alone though.

bev marsh. the so called 'slut' of the school. i don't personally know her though so i have no reason to jump to conclusion.

that was until billy wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. it wasn't even a regular kiss either. i bet they stayed liked that for around 10-15 minutes.

i didn't stay to watch though, i released myself from richie and started to stomp back to the car.

"is it too late to say i told you so?" he whispered, cracking a smile. "not now." i looked the other direction and waited for him to move around to the other side of the vehicle, but he stayed put.

"well, you know kim, we are already here, and have everything we need so why don't we go take a dip?" he suggested, trying to cheer me up a bit.

"i would like to go home." i faced the door until he spun me back around.

"i know you want to." he smirked, grabbing my hand and rushing to the other side of the bridge towards the swimming hole.

"richie, please? i seriously don't feel good." i groaned, trying to slow down his fast pace.

"i know, and i'm making you feel good. kinda like how i did your mom last night." he said almost seriously until he bursted out laughing.

"ew, gross." i shuddered before i cracked a small smile. i punched his shoulder as light as i could, and then hugged my sides.

"do we really have to swim?" i say as we reach the edge. "no," he answered back, "we can always drown." and those were the last words i heard before i was pushed off.

i dropped into the water, trying to come up as quick as i could, but my foot was stuck. i grasped to reach the top but sadly i was way too far under.

only seconds later when my face was a shade of purple richie was removing the rocks that were wedged into the ground.

he grabbed my waist and held me up, bringing me to the side and pulling me onto land.

i began to cough harder and harder as i tried to get the water from from lungs out.

i finally returned to normal after a few minutes of me coughing and richie hugging my side and apologizing over and over again.

"richie i'm okay, you are fine it was just a joke, you didn't know." i reassured him, but he still looked so shook up.

i grabbed his face with my two hands and made him look at me, "i'm fine."

he nodded, and then began hugging me again. i squeezed his hand.

-

"i really am sorry kimmie. i had no clue, and i shouldn't have of pushed you off." he started rambling so i cut him off. i pulled him close and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"thank you richie. you saved me, do you understand? you, saved me. no one else." i hugged him again and then walked inside and closed the door, not even looking back.

all i knew was that my stomach was churning with.. delight? i don't know why because i literally almost died.

but yet excitement coursed through my veins. i really need sleep.

i opened up my phone to see a text, from richie.

dad #1: "once again i really am sorry kim.."

i sucked in my top lip and then replied.

me: "come see me."

a few seconds later i heard another ding, he was on his way. oh fuck, what did i do?

i heard a couple knocks on the window, so i unlocked it and let him in.

"hey kim, what's up? are you mad at me?" he whispered the last part, and it made my heart drop. he actually sincerely in his dark heart felt bad. how cute.

"most definitely not. i just wanted to see you, can you stay?"