chapter ten (why is everyone staring?)

we pulled up to the school as we had done everyday. walked through the same doors, and went to the same faded lockers.

  but somehow this day was different, and i just couldn't put my finger on it.

i grabbed richies arm, tugging him close to my side.

  "why is everyone staring?" i whispered, as it felt like millions of eyes were on us. "uhm- i have no clue. come on." he stuttered nervously.

  "okay?" i dragged out the ending and released his arm.

  "trust me, they just have nothing better to do." he tried to reassure me but i was still suspicious.

  "so- uh, are you going to the game tonight?" he looked over his shoulder, making me turn back too. a group of guys were huddled around in a circle laughing.

  "okay, seriously richie. what's going on?" he knows i don't go to games so he didn't even have to ask.

some of the guys broke away and started walking up to us. "have fun with little kimberlina last night tozier?" they smirked and walked off.

  my mouth hung open in shock and confusion.

"what the hell, did you know about this richie?" he scoffed, "hell no, why would i tell them i fucked you?"

i stepped back, and i walked right out the front doors.

well, so much for being friends again.