chapter twenty one (i thought you were richie!)

"i love you too." i blushed, before pecking his rosy red cheek.

"so, um, see ya tomorrow?" he looked flustered.

"definitely, see ya!" i waved before closing the door behind me once again.

i slid down the door, smiling like an idiot.

i heard a knock at the door, making me swing it open in hopes of it being richie.

"come back for more?" i smirked, before pulling him into a kiss.

"uhm- i- just uh.." he was at a loss for words, i pulled back when i noticed his voice was softer.

"mike?! what the hell!" i stepped back, "i uhm- c-came by to-to tell you.. uhm.. nevermind." he stuttered before walking back towards his car.

"wait! i'm so sorry mike i thought you were richie!" i blurted out.

immediately covering my mouth with my hands.

"richie??!!! damn kim! you sure did put a lot of effort in that, what's been going on with y'all? you're friends, then you hate each other."

he paused, "you were friends again, and then went back to hating each other. now this?" he exclaimed, throwing his arms everywhere.

"i- i don't know, but please.. please do not tell anyone!!" i begged as i intertwined my hands together and shook them repeatedly.

"yeah, sure. as long as you don't tell el!" he whispered, sticking out his pinky.

"deal." i stuck out my pinky as well and intertwined them.

his pale complexion, and his high cheekbones stood out in the dim light.

he had the same freckles as richie, except maybe a little more.

"i'm sorry, but you and richie look so much alike. it's unbelievable."

my jaw dropped open when i examined his face.

"well, he is my twin brother." he laughed, i stopped and looked at him slowly.

"your what?!" i practically screamed.

he looked triggered, but remained calm.

"uhm- crap, i- uh, wasn't supposed to tell anyone that so please don't tell him!"

now he was the one who was begging.

"you mean to tell me, he doesn't know he has another brother?" i questioned, i was kind of getting upset.

besides his older brother, who was barely ever around, and i were ever there for him.

he really had no one to lean on, and i'm hearing this and he expects me not to tell him?

"i can't do that mike, you know it. you need to tell him." i nodded, my eyebrows raised in shock.

"they won't let me." he whispered and shook his head, "who won't?" i asked lowly.

/

"anne and eric, my birth parents."