chapter twenty six (sorry i was a douche)

his footsteps got quieter, so i assumed he walked away.

i covered my mouth with my open hand and clutched my shirt with the other.

i wiped under my eyes and began to breathe heavily, in and out slowly.

  i thought about what richie said, he was right.

i can't avoid him forever, he knows.

nothing happened on purpose so he won't be mad right? nah, i'm straight.

i suddenly felt confidence boost out from in me, and i opened the door.

richie was at the end of the hallway, he turned around at the sound of the door screech though.

his head hung low, his eyes were a bloodshot red, his face was red and puffy, and his fists balled up.

i've never seen someone walk so quick. he leapt when he took steps, almost jumping 4 feet forwards with each one.

  "how the FUCK-" his voice was bold as he swiftly made his way up to me.

his finger raised, it pointed down at me, right in between my eyes.

"i can't believe you kim. i fucking told you i loved you, does that not mean shit?" richie's voice became quiet, in fact, barely above a whisper.

he looked down, almost as if searching for words to say. "you- you, i- i can't do this."

he tugged at his hair, and started to turn around but i grasped his arm.

"richie." i rubbed my tear stained cheek and watched as he shook it off and stepped back, but faced me again.

"i can guarantee you it wasn't like that, i love you." i croaked out, tears welled up in my eyes once again.

i brushed my fingers against his but he yanked his hand back.

"yeah, sure." he paused, "you know kim? you could have of just told me you had feelings for mike. honestly, i wouldn't have of given a shit."

he shrugged, his face still sour.

  "just really wish you wouldn't have of lied to me." he nodded at me, my face twisted with confusion.

"lie? richie, when did i lie? i told you the truth." my words became slurred from crying.

"will you just listen?" i stopped to take a deep breath.

"please?" i begged, almost tempted to lace my fingers with his, but i knew better. he would have pulled back.

"i don't want to." he admitted honestly, "but i know i should." he unclenched his fists and patted his sides. i followed him back to the car.

we stood out in front, keeping our distance. "tell me from the beginning, and don't leave anything out kimberlina."

my mouth hung agape.

i fixed myself and started off from when he left, i explained how i thought mike was him, i left out the part about him being mike's brother.

it wasn't my story to tell and that would complicate this even more.

i told him about mike telling me that he had feelings for me, but i told him i loved richie, and how el needs him. his eyes were wet from tears by the end.

"so, richie, you have to understand that what i did was a complete misunderstanding."

he pulled me into a hug, "i'm so sorry i was a douche." he cried into my shoulder.

"i understand." i hugged back, and rubbed circles onto his back.

"i love you so much kimmie." his voice was muffled against my shirt, but i could still make out his words.

"i love you." i replied honestly, and pulled back. i brought up my hands to both of his tear stained cheeks and quickly leaned in.

i kissed him softly,

"so much."