chapter 14

A/n I have a secret and if you make it to the end of this chapter you'll know it.

I heard faint whispers as I struggled to open my eyes. I opened them to a bright light. I squinted for a few and then realized I was in the hospital. "Ohmygosh Dinah are you okay" I winced as I felt Normani grab my arm.

"I'm so sorry did I hurt you did I hug you too hard do I need to get the doctor-"." Baby girl I'm fine just get me out of here I need to check on Z"." Umm Dinah Z didn't make it-"." I just but we damn it". I slammed my hand down on the table next me to and felt pain shoot up into my arm. "Shit". Just as I said that the doctor came walking in with a smirk on his face. "Ms. Dinah jane hello you luckily wasn't shot in any vital places meaning well give you meds and you can go oh and Dinah take it easy"." Ok doc you got it"

It had been all of 2 hours since I  been home and everyone and everything was on my nerves. They kept treating me like a baby I was shot not handicap.

"Babygirl I'mma go out real quick I'mma be back in 20". " Ok baby can you get me something to eat". See this was the reason I fucked with Normani notice how she just let me go without all the motherfucking questions.

"Uh uh Dinah sit your ass down we need to talk". "Yes mama drea"." Dinah I know you have heard this many times but I don't think you ever heard how I'm bout to tell you"." Look mama drea-". She raised her hand up to me and I stopped talking." You will die and your parents never wanted this life for you Dinah you have the chance to get out stop this shit I'm serious Dinah because one day it won't just be minor shots"." We all gonna go one day mama drea no matter how but we all is".

I walked out on that note and went to Camilla's house. I pulled up and saw her and Lauren arguing in the parking lot. Before I could get there Lauren had pulled off.

"Hey Mila wassup"." Man everything Lauren yo everything is stressing me out"." What you mean I thought Lauren was down"."keyword was she keep tripping man and I ain't got nothing to fall back on man if I quite this I'm just a bum dj"." Naw Mila you can sing but you keep thinking its gonna make you look like a pussy"." Yeah you right but Dinah I can't quite and I'm starting to feel like shit was easier when I was single she knew who I was Dinah they both knew why they tryna change us now"." Man I don't know but I got a solution so she can stop riding you how about we start a two man group"." You serious dj yeah of course I'm serious"." Ard dj we can do that just call me when you go in the studio".

After I had left camila's I just drove around and finally ended up at a destination. My parents grave.

"Hey mama dad look at me I'm a fucking mess I don't know what to do anymore you probably so disappointed in me but I'm just tryna make something out of myself it's so fucking hard living everyday is just me tryna get out of bed and no one knows this you know when I told Z's parents they told me it was my fault and I believe them you know Camila is like my little sister and were both so deep in this life I swear I couldn't loose her if I did I would probably end it all or maybe not I still have Normani she loves me so much but shes not as happy as before and I see she just don't wanna see me hurt and mom I know that but it's just I can't stop I'm stuck in this one place and it's like I just fuck up and hit rock bottom and dig a deeper hole" I felt tears run down my face and a whole lot of realization hit me. I called Normani.
" Baby we going to Cali tell everyone pack the bags".

Tidal phone call
Dinah- hello is Shawn Carter available
Assistant- yes he'll be here just give me one minute to transfer the call
Shawn- hello Dinah is this the call where you tell me you change your mind
Dinah- hehe yeah this is it
Shawn- ok how many tickets do you need
Dinah-6
Shawn- ok they should be there by Friday and umm do you know any gay r and b singers
Dinah- as of a matter a fact I do she'll be on the trip with me
Shawn- ok we'll be in touch

I hung up and got back in my car. Yeah Mr. H was right I had a family to take care of.