chapter 23

A/n we're almost at the end!!!! Starbuttee just talk to me on here I found my tablet

Normani's pov
  I watched as she pulled off and the bullets penetrated her car. I watched her body jerk as the bullets hit her through the car. I watched as her head hit the steering wheel and blood roll down her face because of the force. I watched a neighbor call the police and the ambulance. I watched as they put her on the stretcher and take her away. I watched all of this while standing in the same place.

"Normani it's me Ms. Stewart do you need me to drive you to the hospital"." Yes please". I said in a quiet voice.

I got in the car and listened to radio stations go on and on about the shooting of Dinah jane. I listened to Nancy grace say that my girlfriend was a menace to society because of her previous life. I listened to people call in and tell them that my baby is a hero. I even listened to radio stations play her songs in rotation. I was still in this numbing space where it was like I just couldn't feel , I was watching my life through a movie until baby girl came on.
Play music

I began to scream and tears rolled down my eyes as the song that Dinah had made for me played. Memories of us flashed in my brain good ones and bad ones. All the times we screamed and yelled at each other but it just turned into make up sex. All the lovey dovey moments we had. Everything had hit me like a big ol train.

  I was still stuck in my thoughts until the car stopped. I saw paparazzi at the front of the hospital being held back by gaurds. I got out of the car and ran into the hospital.

"Hi I'm here for Dinah jane I'm her girlfriend"." Are you on her list of people"."yes you can check it ma'am"."okay go on up to the surgical waiting room and the doctor should be with you".

I ran to the elevator and cried once I got inside. I could possibly loose my baby. I finally got to the floor and I saw Mila in a wheelchair and Lauren behind her holding the handles crying. Once me and Lauren connected eyes she ran over to me and hugged the shit out of me.

"Im so sorry Mani were gonna get through this she's gonna pull through for little dj"."I hope so laur I love her"." I know baby I know".

I went over to Camila and hugged her but she only gave me a half hug. "You know what they're saying on the radio about her" she said not looking at me.
"They think she's a menace to society but they don't know the Dinah that gave some of her drug money to the little homeless kids so they could get shit and not feel left out they don't.know that dinah and they have the audacity to say that who the hell are they anyway"." I know Mila I heard but when Dinah gets out she'll set the record straight in one of her goody ways she's to stubborn to let a bullet take her out"

We sat there for hours in complete silence until a doctor came out. "Family of Dinah jane"."yes that's us"."okay so I have good news and bad news which do you want first"."bad news"." Okay so dinah is in a comma right now we need her to wake up within 2 weeks or her brain might swell up and she can die good news is she is stable and you can see her"."okay thank you" we all said in harmony.

We followed the doctor down the hall to her room. This is the most inactive I've ever seen her and it hurt my baby was always like a kid always on the go. I walked over to her bed and grabbed her hand. I was hoping it would be like the movies and she would grab it back but she didn't. I looked over to Mila who finally had tears in her eyes.

"Hey dj man you gotta wake up so you can come back kinda like pac you remember how we used to talk about this and you told me I ain't going out like no punk you said you wanted to go out on some James bond shit well you gotta pull through you a fighter and the world needs your intelligent ass I need your ass now wake the hell up before I fight you out of this coma"

She waited as if Dinah would respond then she said "I'mma come back in a week and I want you awake and we'll". After that she asked Lauren to take her out of the room.

I decided to stay the night because I couldn't go to an empty house. I slowly drifted off thinking about how Dinah jane holds my future in her hands.