A Different Kind of Love: Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR (Dallas)

I pull into the neighborhood Clarity told me to go to. It is run-down and old. Pulling into the driveway I notice Clarity tense up. Stop noticing every little thing about her. Put your badass act on.

"Bye, Clarity." I say, unlocking the doors.

"Whatever." She replies as she opens the door.

"Come on, sweetheart. You can't deny your love for me." I say blowing her a kiss.

"Eww, Dallas that's disgusting!" She states, with a look of utter disgust on her face. But her eyes tell a different story.

"Oh, you want me Clarity. You so want me." I reply. She just looks at me and shuts the car door. She walks with so much grace in her step, she is just extraordinary. Look at you, using big words to describe her. This girl is messing with your head. My inner voice whispers, from the corner of my brain where he stays. Pulling out of her driveway, I notice. I might actually like Clarity, I mean I have always had a thing for her. Wait, did you just think that? My inner voice asks me, yet again he comes out of his dark corner. But interrupting my thoughts, my cell phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey, it's your mother."

"And?" I ask, getting annoyed.

"I need you to pick up some dinner, I'm working late again. So, get yourself some dinner." And after those words, she hangs up the phone. I had sonic last night, so today I guess I will get a drink and some fries from McDonalds. The drive-thru was too busy, but when I walk inside I see someone, or someones, who shock me. Lara and Alex are in a little corner booth, sucking faces. Lara? She totally betrayed Clarity. Alex sees me, and whispers in Lara's ear. If he thinks I'm going to tell Clarity, he is wrong. I'm not a snitch. This is between Clarity and Lara, I will let Lara work up the courage to tell Clarity.

I get my fries and my drink and walk out of the restaurant. Not bothering to look behind me, to see the person following me. The car ride to my house is quiet. Tonight, all I want to do is watch the Miami Heat basketball game. My house is quiet, and deserted when I open the front door. Turning the T.V. on, I notice a smell. Almost sweet and almost like a cigarette. But then I notice another oddity in my regular home life. The back door is cracked the slightest bit. I get up to open it. When I open the door, I find Jason smoking marijuana on my porch.

"Shit, Jason, I thought you quit that stuff." I yell at him.

"Sorry, man." He says stumbling in my house.

"Do you understand how bad this is?" I ask.

"I know, it looks bad."

"You were doing drugs on my back porch." I say taking his weed away.

"Man, I need that!" He yells back at me.

"Jason, you are high. Don't do anything stupid." I say.

"You were fun when you smoked with me." He mumbles under his breath. Yes. I used to smoke pot, I know it's not good. But that was then, this is now. I haven't done drugs in a year.

"You need to get some sleep. Go to the guest room, and sleep." I say, shoving him towards the stairs. He stumbles up them and nearly falls, multiple times. He just looks a mess. His brown hair is messy, and he has a two day stubble. I wish he would just quit.

I sit downstairs for a while, and watch the basketball game. Then, I proceed to go get ready for sleep. But before I do my phone buzzes, signaling a text message. It's Clarity:

'Can I get a ride to school tomorrow?'

'Sure, sweetheart.'

'You are so weird.' She replies back after a few minutes. I can already see the sarcastic smirk on her face. I don't reply, it only makes her want me more.