Chapter 23

V's pov

The interview begins with a simple introduction.

[Italics is the interviewer. Normal is XiuYing]

"Greetings to our viewers! This is SBS KStar News 840 interviewer, Kim Hwan. You're watching this live on television. Today, we have a special guest with us. Are you guys excited to know who is our guest for today? Let me give you a hint. This guest arrived in Korea not long ago and she is very pretty. Can you guess who is it? That's right! Let's welcome XiuYing!!"

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is XiuYing! Nice to meet you!"

"Woah, XiuYing-ssi, you have many fans! Did you see them outside the building? It's crowded and chaotic! It's amazing that you have so many fans cheering for you! How do you feel?"

"Firstly, I would love to thank my fans for coming and waiting outside. I'm really grateful for your effort. Actually, I was nervous for this interview. But after seeing my fans, I'm more relaxed now. My fans are the best! I love you guys!"

"Wah, daebak. Your fans must be elated right now. We're glad to have you here, XiuYing-ssi. Our staff have a hard time casting you in this broadcast because of your tight schedule. I'm so happy to see you here. How do you manage to balance school and work?"

"Haha, thank you for inviting me. Usually, I'll try to finish my school work before I continue with my work outside. My first priority is school. Currently, it's not so busy. I go to school everyday and have schedules after school sometimes. I think if there is proper time management, I can handle both well."

"Glad to hear that. These days, there are many news about you. Your arrival, photoshoots, fansign events and many more. Is it tiring for doing so many things?"

"Yes, of course. But, as long as I'm with my fans, I'm energised. They give me energry."

"Indeed, fans are the best. Recently, some fans saw you and BTS TaeHyung near a shopping mall together. Is there any relationship between you both?"

I'm taken aback by that question. XiuYing glance at me before answering that question.

"TaeHyung sunbaenim is my classmate. We attend the same school. BTS' fandom, ARMYs, would definitely know that he is very sociable. So, we became good friends. That day, we're just hanging out, chilling."

I already expected this to be the answer. I'm just a friend. Knowing that this is a broadcast, I have to accept the relationship she considers us as.

"I see... So you know BTS?"

"Yup. Wanna One too."

"Ah, Wanna One! It's not fascinating that you know some famous idols since you're gorgeous and well-known too."

"No no, I'm not that well-known. Haha."

"Don't be humble. You're really famous worldwide! The number of fans you have is huge!"

"Really? Hahaha."

"It's true. Your artwork and photoshoots gained everyone's attention. Talking about your artwork, can you introduce one of them?"

"Sure. I've brought one with me. This artwork is about a farmer working hard to feed his family. As you can see, the mountain behind like his burden, his workload. The little wooden house on the right is his house while the green land is his only way of surviving. He plants different crops to sell and consume them. It portrays the message of how our parents work hard just to raise us up. They would do anything for us, for our happiness."

"Wow! What a meaningful artwork! I'm sure our audiences can get your message clearly. How do you do your artwork? Like what do you aim or look for?"

"Hmmm... I like simple artwork that is not too difficult to understand. Keeping my artwork simple and meaningful is what I do. My aim is to get people to appreciate my art, understand the message behind every artwork. I'm happy to see people enjoying my art pieces."

"I can say that many people really do love your art pieces. I heard that there is an art gallery in BeiJing, China. Are you going to have another gallery in Korea?"

"Maybe. I'm still considering."

"Let's anticipate it! Moving on, about your career as a supermodel, there are many big magazine agencies who wants you to be on the cover page. Vogue, Glamour, Bazaar and InStyle, etc. What do you think that makes you perfect for the job? In other words, what is one things special about you that makes those agencies look for you instead of other supermodels?"

"I don't know... Hahahaha. Maybe, it's because I'm young? Hahaha!"

"Youth is beautiful. Do you have any other hobbies?"

"Yes. I love to sing and dance. I have interest in music."

"You can sing and dance? Can you sing a short phrase of any song?"

"Urm..I'll sing As If It's Your Last by BlackPink.

Baby nal teojil geotcheoreom anajwo
geuman saenggakhae mwoga geuri eoryeowo
geojitmalcheoreom kiseuhaejwo naega neoege
majimak sarangin geotcheoreom

Haha, I'm not that good in singing."

"It's really great! I'm sure many companies will be calling you soon. You have many talents!"

"It's not good until that extent. Hahaha..."

"Hahaha, okay okay. Time flies so fast and we have to say our goodbyes to the viewers. Please say a few words to them."

"To my fans who have been supporting me all these time, thank you so much! I'm honoured to be here, with a wonderful emcee. Thank you for inviting me! Bye!!"

"That's all for today's SBS KStar News 840. Thank you XiuYing for joining us today. See you guys next time!"

----------------------------

XiuYing thank Kim Hwan and the staff for their hardwork before going back to the waiting room with me. I wait for her to change into her previous outfit.

"Manager-nim, I'll get going now." She bowed.

"Do you need a lift home?" Her manager asked.

"Nope, V and I got something else to do." She declined his offer.

"Okay. Go home safely." He said.

"You too." She greeted.

Treading on the heels of an amiable girl, we make our way out of the building through the back door.

"You were great back there. I didn't know you can sing so well." I complimented.

"Not as good as you, hahaha. By the way, what do you want to tell me?" She pauses her steps.

"Can we find a place to sit first?" I suggested.

We arrive at a nearby café, getting a drink. I take a deep breath, bracing myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
credits to owner for the video☕🍫