UT|8

Chapter eight
———————
||•Triple lunch date that did not happened •||

Tadiwa insisted on coming. I told Tee I did not mind, maybe this will give us a better chance to know each other properly. However, I feel like I already know her and what she was about.

They ended up coming early and I was still on my shift. Tee waved at me and smiled. Tadiwa straight away wanted to order food. I mean, if I was in her position I would too. "I'm so hungry after that manicure, it took my energy."

I came to their table to take their orders. "Took your time nicely, didn't you hear me call for you?" She rudely asked.

"I'm really sorry , what can I get you." I was not going to put my job on the line for some spoilt little brat.

"Get me curry koay teow with steamed chicken, a bold of salad and what drinks do you guys have.... never mind I'll just have water. Soft drinks don't do it for me."

Sis who asked?

"Babe are you going to order?" By the looked of it, he wanted to wait for me. "Nah I'll rather wait for Princess. She has less than twenty minutes anyways and we came to have lunch with her." I smiled hugely.

"Umm it's like so tots rude to let me eat alone, don't you think?"

I gave him a look of  "man just order sh*t." Him being a gentleman, he nodded. "He'll have what I'm having?"

"It's Thursday," I said under my breath. I feel bad for interfering but everyday had its own breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today was Thursday which mean Tee and I were having Thursday's food. I might not even have lunch with him.

"Thursday what?"

"Curry koay teow with steamed chicken, a bowl of salad and water. Pappa Fried Mee and Mango Mania are coming right up." He smirked. He liked when I take charge.

"Nobody ordered"—

"He did. And that's Thursday," I cut her off. She was so confused but I really didn't care.

She had to be extra, "Hurry up, I don't got all day," and flipped her hair. "Okay, I will be right back with your orders." I did not want to make a scene at PappaRich. I just did as I was asked.

As they were eating, I can hear her all the way from where I was. She was complaining about how much fat was in her food. How do you order something you know but complain after. People are weird.

Eventually I was on my break. "I've only got twenty minutes break. One of the staff left early, what's up?" I pulled out a chair and sat.

"Hey big head. I'll order for you." He waved for the waitress to come. Suddenly Tadiwa was acting strange.

"I think I'm going to be sick. I need to go home and rest."

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" He asked her. "No, I just wanna go home and cuddle with you."

"I'll make it up to you Princess," He said getting up to take her home.  "Of course." He left a fifty dollar note for me. And the money for their orders.

***

"That lunch didn't last long, mind if we have lunch together?" Nick came behind me. I smiled and he took a seat.

"I'll have Pappa Fried Mee and Mango Mania. Thank you Rita."  Rita is such a beautiful soul. Always smiling no matter what she was going through.

She went through a tragic loss last year when her  little brother passed away a month before his birthday. He got hit by car coming back from school. He was riding his bicycle just live every kids do. Saddening situation anyone didn't deserve to be in.

"So what happened to the lunch date?" Nick asked after giving his order to Rita. I hope Tadiwa is okay honestly. I texted Tee to check up on her. No response.

"Tadiwa was feeling unwell." He looked at me with boredom. I know that impression, he basically stated how not surprised he was and followed by, "hmm of course."

I opened my mouth to question him but I just did not have the energy. Ten minutes and he went home, his shift was finished.

I got a text back from Tee saying he will explain in person when he picks me up. I was not sure where he was picking me up from. I did not ask.

****

"Dude, why are you here, thought Tadiwa wasn't feeling well?" I was ready and about to head to my car. He grabbed my bag and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him.

"She lied." I was a fool to worry about her. I hope she was satisfied. I wonder what she got out of that.

"Just take me home, I don't even have the energy to talk about it."

He had left his car at home and got an Uber to my work. And now he was driving my car instead of me. I'm so lucky.

"What's your relationship with Tadiwa anyways?"

"Someone's jealous or what?"

"So full of yourself, I was just asking."

"We're fuck buddies."

___________________________________

I'm so sorry y'all. I recently lost my phone and I couldn't publish any new chapters. But I'll make it up to y'all. I got a new phone now.

-Nyagoa