Genuine kindness or a game

Maggie

So, the entire week, the brothers have been decent to me. Even Nolan had stopped stealing my bras. Living with them wasn't too bad. They still had their moments, but I got used to them.

Seeing the brothers in action was even better. It fascinated me to see the boys bicker over everything or threaten to hurt each other. It's better than me.

I needed a break from the boys, so I hung out with Kat and Marcy. Sometimes, you need more estrogen when you're stuck in a house full of testosterone. One girl can take so much farting and burping.

I left for the day. The boys had other plans, which I would discover when I returned.

*****

Nash

"Will she like it?" Noah asked.

"Well, gee, Noah. We won't know until we do some work," Nixon said.

"Dude, you need to chill. You're worse than a chick on her period," Nathan said.

Nathan earned a glance and punched from Nixon.

"Leave Nix alone. He gets sensitive at the time of the month." I walked by, carrying stuff.

"Nash, he's always sensitive. The dude cries at chick flicks," Noah said.

"I do not!"

We stopped and stared at Nixon.

"It was one time! Geez. You cry at a poignant scene, and everyone loses their freaking minds." He threw his hands up in exasperation.

We rolled our eyes and shook our heads. Yep, Nix's a drama queen.

We carried stuff to the attic, clearing out the extra room. After clearing out most of the boxes and items, we found a bed.

"Ma likes to put stuff everywhere," Noah said.

We stood there, looking at the bed.

"Well, let's grab clean sheets and blankets. Nathan, strip the bed, and the rest of you finish up. She'll be here in an hour," I said.

"Why should I strip the bed?"

"Because I said so, or I'll give you an atomic wedgie. It's your choice." I gave Nathan a knowing expression.

"Bed it is," Nathan said.

I had no issue doling out punishment to my brothers. Nathan brought in sheets, a blanket, and pillows for the bed. We made the bed, getting the hell out of there.

*****

Maggie

I returned to the house, wanting a nap. I like Kat and Marcy, but it's Saturday, and I enjoy my sleep. I walked up the stairs, and the doors closed. I headed to the storage room, opening the door. My eyes widened to see the clutter gone. The room was clean with an actual bed.

Doors opened as the brothers stuck their heads out before sneaking over to the room to watch me.

The room isn't significant. At least, it's something.

Nolan leaned into Nash. "Does she like it?"

Before Nash answered, I said, "I don't like it."

Their faces dropped.

"I love it."

A smile curled upon their lips. They stepped from behind the doorway and entered the room.

"We figured you could decorate it your way," Nash said.

I turned to face them.

"Yeah, we're not good with that girl stuff," Nathan said.