Drunken Antics, part 2

Maggie

The other brothers came into the kitchen. They found us standing there and Nolan on the floor.

"Holy hell, he's drunk as a skunk," Nathan said.

Nash glanced at me.

"Hey! Don't look at me. Charlie called me."

Nolan sat on the floor, drunk off his ass.

"Okay, we need to get him upstairs and sober him up. It's a good thing that Ma and Dad are out of town for the weekend." Nash lifted Nolan off the floor.

"Hey, Nash. You're such a wonderful brother." Nolan raked his fingers over Nash's face.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, drunky. Let's take care of you." Nash started up the stairs with Nolan. Then the front door opened.

We stopped dead in our tracks.

"How would I know the hotel was a flea-bit motel?" Nate asked.

"Read the reviews!" Pat said.

"Ma and Dad are home," Nixon mouthed.

"No, shit," Nash said. "Change of plans. Grab his other arm, Nix."

Nixon helped Nash as they came down the stairs.

That's when it happened. "Uh, I don't feel good."

Our eyes widened as Nash said in a whisper, "Get the door!"

Noah ran to the door, whipping it open. Nixon and Nash carried Nolan out. He puked everywhere, including on Nash, Nixon, and himself.

"That's gross," Nathan said.

Nash and Nixon shot him a glare.

"Boys! Where are you?" Pat asked.

"Shit! Ma's coming!" Noah said.

"Girls distract Ma. Nathan and Noah clean up the puke while Nix and I try to get him upstairs," Nash said.

Nash and Nixon carried Nolan around the house. Kat and I closed the door while Noah and Nathan cleaned up the puke.

"This is so gross," Nathan said.

Pat came downstairs. "Did you see the boys, Maggie?"

"Ah, nope. Kat is staying the night," I said.

"I am?"

I elbowed her.

"Yes, that is right. I'm staying the night."

Pat gave her a strange look and shook her head. "Okay."

"So, why are you home early?" I asked.

"Nathaniel booked us at this run-down motel. Something darted across the floor. I said that was it."

Nathan and Noah peeked over the windowsill, looking through the kitchen window. We stared at them.

She asked, "Do you hear water running?" She turned around, but they ducked.

"Um, no. There's no water running," I said.

"That is so strange. I thought I did. What's that smell?" Pat moved to the door. Nathan and Noah hid around the house's side. Kat and I stepped in front of her.

"It's a skunk," I said.

"Yep, you know how stinky those things are," Kat said.

"I'll check the garbage cans. When boys left the lids off the last time, a wild animal tore open the bags." She reached for the door handle, but we stopped her.