Blue lips

Maggie

Nash, Nixon, and I stood in the local grocery store's bakery section in front of glass cases.

"A cake?" I asked.

"Yep," they both said.

"Why a cake?" I was confused with the whole theory of getting a cake for something like blue balls until they explained it.

"Because we must mourn what one has lost, and we love cake." Nixon raised a finger, emphasizing his point.

They searched through the case until they found one with blue icing.

"Perfect." Nash pulled out a cake without writing. A genius can figure out why he picked this cake.

He took the cake to the baker, whispering to him. The baker shrugged, taking the cake to the back.

"What did you say to him?" I asked him.

"You'll see." He shot Nixon a knowing expression.

Once Nash paid for the cake, we returned to the house. Pat and Nate read the cake as they rolled their eyes. Noah likes to dish out the jokes, but he doesn't want to take them.

The boys made their way to Noah's room. They walked inside with the cake. Noah glanced at the writing: Here Lies Noah's Balls, May They Rest in Peace.

He nodded. "Cute, guys."

"Yeah, we thought so." Nash smirked.

"You guys are tools."

"It's funny." Nixon snickered.

"Funny? That's hilarious!" Nolan said.

They laughed while Noah got pissed. I giggled when he zeroed in on me.

"You think the joke is funny?" He shot me a glare.

"Well, yeah." I giggled some more.

"I'm glad you think it's funny since your friend gave me blue balls!"

"Whoa. Wait. I had nothing to do with what had happened."

"Oh, because we had nothing but problems since you got here."

"Noah, hey, man. Come on," Nixon said, trying to diffuse the situation.

"No." He snapped his face towards Nixon. "She doesn't belong here. Her parents dumped her on us because they don't give a shit." He turned back to me. "Now, I know why."

It was too late. I stood there, shocked, and stared at Noah. I have never felt so hurt. Noah's outburst left the boys speechless. I walked out of the room. My parents dumped me and didn't care. Why stay where I'm not wanted?

*****

Nash

I walked over to Noah. "That was a dick move."

He pointed at the cake. "Like this wasn't?"

"The cake was mine and Nix's idea. Maggie had nothing to do with the cake. If you want to get pissed, then get pissed at us." I left Noah's room and went to Mag's room. I knocked on the door. "Mags?" She didn't respond. I opened the door and found her packing. "What are you doing?"

"I'm packing. I'm a burden and unwanted." She wouldn't even face me.

"Maggie, he didn't mean what he said. He's mad."

"Yeah, like my parents didn't mean to leave me with no intention of coming back. It's okay. I realized I'm not wanted." She picked up items and shoved them into her bag.