Homecoming humiliation

Maggie

We got ready for Homecoming. Kat helped me with my hair and makeup. I let my excitement get the best of me, bouncing around in my seat.

"Will you stop moving? Your eye makeup will look like a cat."

I laughed.

"Maggie!"

"Okay, okay." I tried to stay still. Kat finished, and I looked in the mirror. She did a fantastic job. "Kat, you need to go to school for makeup."

"Yeah, I'm thinking about it." She put her makeup tools away.

I got up from my chair as Marcy and Macey were finishing. The boys were waiting downstairs for us. The girls had gone ahead while I checked my lipstick one last time.

"Wow, you look amazing." Nash was leaning against the doorframe.

I smiled at him. "God, I hope so. It took Kat over an hour to do my makeup." I walked toward him.

"You have a wonderful time tonight."

"I plan on it. I get to go to Homecoming with my dream guy. What else is better than that?" I beamed.

"Well, I hope that he treats you right, or he'll answer to me." He leaned towards me with his breath fanning my face.

I detected a hint of vanilla and became dazed but snapped out of it. "Um, I better get going."

"Yeah, you don't want to keep the tool waiting. I mean, Bryson."

I rolled my eyes. None of the boys liked Bryson if you couldn't tell. I didn't even understand why.

We walked downstairs, and I joined everyone else as we made our way to Homecoming. A surprise awaited us, going down in the history books about why the boys didn't like Bryson. I would soon find out.

*****

We pulled up in the limo, getting out. We walked inside, making our way to the dance floor. I searched for Bryson, finding him by the punch bowl.

"There you are."

"Here, I am."

"So, would you like to dance?"

"Yeah. Why don't we have a drink?" He smiled.

Everyone made their way to the dance floor.

"Punch?" He gestured at the punch bowl.

"Sure." I smiled.

Bryson poured me a cup of punch and handed it to me. I took a sip as a liquid poured over my head. Punch covered the floor around my feet.

People stopped to watch the altercation.

Tiffany walked around, holding an empty cup in her hand, and kissed Bryson.

Then he turned to me. "Why would I go out with someone as creepy and hideous as you?"

I stared at him in horror.

Then he started screaming at me. "God, you're pathetic! Oh, Bryson, you're dreamier than most guys. Oh, Bryson, why won't you look at me? Bryson, you and I would be better together than most couples. Sound familiar?"

Oh, God. He was reading a copy of my journal.

"Oh, wait. It gets better than what I've read. Bryson, I would do anything for you. To have your body against mine, to savor your lips."

I snatched the paper from his hands as people stared at me in stunned silence. My breathing increased as my cheeks burned.

"Are you serious? Did you think I would drop my hot girlfriend for someone as ugly as you? That is so funny. Don't you think that's funny, Tiff?"