Senior class trip

Maggie

For our senior class trip, we were going to Washington, DC. You would think we would be ecstatic about it, but we weren't. Why? Because this trip would be "educational," which means dull. Since my loving parents wanted to fight over my trust fund, I had no money to pay for said trip. FML.

I sat on my bed and worked on homework.

Nash strolled in. "Shouldn't you be packing for your senior trip?"

"Nope, because I'm not going."

"Why not?" He had his hands on his hips.

"Because Brian and Tricia had the courts freeze my trust until they decided. It meant no money." I went back to my homework. "No money means no senior class trip."

"Well, it's good that my parents paid for your portion."

My head snapped up. "What?"

"Yeah, they paid for yours and Nix's fee when they received the permission slips a few months ago."

"Why would they do that?"

"Because, as Dad said, you're a part of the family. Mags, when you know someone as long as we have known each other, you become family." He sat down next to me. "Plus, I'll be a chaperone."

"Huh?"

"They needed chaperones, and I signed up." He smirked.

"Uh-huh, sure. Is that because I'm going?"

"What do you mean? You said that you weren't going."

I gave him a playful push. "Shut up."

He chuckled, then leaned over and kissed me. I'm going on a senior class trip. Let's see. Nash was our chaperone. Nixon was going, and so were my friends. What could go wrong? Don't answer that question.

*****

I packed the previous night because I'm not a morning person. We had to arrive early at school. We stood with our bags and waited to get on the bus when I used Nash's back as a pillow.

"Look at Nash." Nixon chuckled.

"Someone needs to get Maggie a coffee, stat." Kat chuckled.

"Eh, she'll be fine. She's a little tired." Marcy shrugged.

"Listen up, Seniors. When we get to the hotel, we'll give your room assignments to you. Stick to your rooms. We have an itinerary for the trip. Stick to it. We don't need to call your parents and tell them that we lost their pride and joy," the teacher said. "Now, we need everyone to load their bags and board the buses."

"A little help here," Nash told Nixon.

"Come on, sleeping beauty." Nixon woke me and got me on the bus.

God, I need my bed.

I sat in a seat. Once we had settled into our seats, Nash took a seat next to me.

"Um, Mr. Gray? Since you're a chaperone, we prefer you to sit with the other chaperones and not a student," a teacher said

"He can sit with me," a woman said.

I woke up.

"I don't work for the school and volunteered to be a chaperone. I'm fine with sitting with my girlfriend." He shot a glance at the woman, who sat back down.

"Very well." The teacher sat down.

"I swear the teachers are as bad as when I attended school."

I laughed.