chapter six

richie

i yawned as i sat up, stretching my arms out and groaning as i felt my elbows crack.

i looked around, seeing that part of the fort had collapsed on eddie during the night, so i quickly moved the sheets off him. he was facing me, eyes closed and chest moving up and down softly, small snores leaving through his nose. i couldn't help but smile at the sight, he was adorable. i hated admitting i thought that, but it was hard not to. it was hard not to find the freckles that dotted themselves along his tiny button nose endearing, and it was even harder not to stare at them.

i sighed, thinking about what had happened the night before.

i'd kissed eddie. my bestfriend since kindergarten, eddie kaspbrak.

and he'd kissed me.

it was weird. i'd never kissed anyone before, and i never thought my first kiss would be with a boy, nevermind my bestfriend. but the worst thing about it was that i'd wanted more. kissing eddie had given me a fuzzy feeling all over my body, and it was nice. i wanted to do it again.

did that make me gay? was i gay? did i like boys now?

i didn't understand any of it.

eddie's breathing stuttered in his sleep. i brushed his fringe away from his eyes, stroking his soft little cheek and smiling at the way he cuddled up to himself. i knew i probably wouldn't get the chance to kiss him again, last night was just a test to him. part of a game.

i hesitated for a moment before slowly leaning down so my face was an inch away from his. i quickly pecked his lips, moving back immediately incase i'd woken him up. when i was certain that he was still fast asleep, i leant in and kissed him again, for a few seconds this time.

as i sat up, he began to stir in his sleep.

shit

had he felt it? was he awake? would he know what i'd done? i panicked as he slowly opened his eyes, smiling once they focused on me. i tried not to breathe a sigh of relief as i came to the conclusion that he didn't know i'd kissed him again, my secret was safe as long as he was asleep.

"morning sleepyhead."

i said as i ruffled his hair, making him squirm. i laughed, putting my glasses on.

"ughh, i'm tired."

he groaned, burying his face in the pillow.

"tough shit, kaspbrack. no time to be tired when there's coyotes running wild and free!"

he sighed, sitting up to raise an eyebrow at me.

"you, richie tozier, are a huge dork."

i grinned widely at the affection evident in his tone, screaming at the top of my lungs before jumping on him.

-

"see ya later eddie spaghetti!"

i shouted out the window, waving and smiling as i watching him turn around to scowl at me.

"don't call me that, i hate it!"

he huffed, adjusting the straps on his backpack before continuing to walk down the street. i watched after him until he became hidden behind the houses, a dreamy look on my face as i leant my chin on my hand. jeez, i was acting like a schoolgirl with a crush.

i felt like a schoolgirl with a crush.

i sighed and closed my window, throwing myself onto my bed and picking up the photo i had framed of me and eddie on my bedside table. it was a photo bev had taken of us when she'd got her new camera for her birthday, she'd let me keep it in the end after a lot of begging. she'd had no idea how much i would stare at it.