3 - A tense meal, a controlled rage.

╣♦╠ —I see, so everything was peaceful then, that's nice to hear.— He commented. For someone like Hikari that could already perceive a little the energy close to her even without using any trait, it was always a bit weird yet warm to sit close to those two. Both Soma and her father had rather imposing energy fields around them, not that anyone else would notice such a thing without actually trying it. But the blue haired couldn't avoid to.

█▄█ Then Hikari began to sit in the seat next to Souma while giving a nice smile to the little girl who looked 14 years old. —Otousama, there's something I'd like to ask you later.— The blue haired said shyly as she finished sitting style seiza.

« I hope I can convince him to let me go to the party » Hikari thought as she waited to thank for the food and start eating.

╣♦╠ —Ittadakimasu— both Soma and Hanzo said with a good synchronization and grabbed their chopsticks after Hikari did the same. The leader of the Yamamoto took his time to reply, first tasting one of the small pieces of sushi. —Oh? You'd ask something? I hope it'll be a really interesting thing!— He said, still with his happy smile, yet it was difficult to understand sometimes the intention of his words.

One of Soma's tails was gently and slowly rubbing Hikari's back, and because the blue haired was sitting on seiza, the soles of her feet were also being slightly rubbed by another of the kitsune's nine tails.

It was a rather unconscious sign of affection by her part.

█▄█ Hikari, listening to her father's words, felt her hope that he accept began to descend quickly. But even before Hikari could answer she felt like something fluffy was being rubbed on her bare feet, making her jolt a little. —Mhm?— Hikari exclaimed looking back and noticing Soma's tail near her feet. —S-Soma-chan, your tail is giving me a little tickle.— The blue haired said while stroking with her right hand the hair of the powerful shikigami.

« I think it's going to be difficult » Hikari thought to herself as she watched her father eat.

╣♦╠ —Oh, sorry!— Soma said, a bit uneasy about it as her ears went down a little and then her tails slightly moved away from Hikari. Then she continued her meal. The nine tailed kitsune was grabbing exactly the same pieces than Hanzo did, but in the opposite side, doing so at the same time. It seemed to be some kind of funny coordination mini-game.

—Those nine tails really look fluffy after all, hahaha.— Hanzo said with a slightly controlled chuckle as he took a sip from his sake coup, action that his shikigami could not perform at the same time than him nor repeat.

█▄█ —They do not just look, they really are, not forgetting they're cute too, hehe,— Hikari commented laughing though not as sophisticated as her father.

—Soma-chan, do not worry just tickled me not bothered me.— The clan leader's daughter said as continuing to caress the head of Soma for then

grab her chopsticks and hold a little of fish and put it in her mouth.

╣♦╠ Soma smiled happily as her tails wagged really slowly a slight blush appeared on her face when both Yamamoto complimented her like that. She decided not to comment on it and just kept eating.

The family continued their meal. They didn't have much to talk aside perhaps praising how yummy the food was, as usual. Then after everyone finished, Hanzo was the first one thanking for the food and then getting up. —There was something you wanted to ask, right? What would it be?—

Soma also followed her master's actions, also finishing her meal when he did and getting up, looking first at him and then at his daughter.

█▄█ —That's ... mhmm ...— Hikari began to babble, looking nervously at her father. « I guess it's now or never » She thought giving up and wanting to ask him now.