Prologue

(2000)(Mandy's POV)

Chris and I walk down the street. He grabbed my hand as we ran towards the park. His action halted me as he pulled me into him. He kissed my lips. When we pulled apart, he put his forehead back against mine. "I love you Mandy." He whispered. He'd never said that before. I backed up and looked him in the eyes.

"You do? You love me?" I asked, not quite sure I could trust that.

"Of course I do. We've been together since 1998. Two years. Can you believe it?" He kissed me again.

"I love you too Chris." I murmured against his lips. When we broke apart, I took off running. I didn't have to look back to know he was following me.

Once he caught up, he lifted me. He kissed my neck and all I wanted to do was relish in his scent. All to soon, he set me back down. I grabbed his hand and we walked back to his place.

~~~

After a couple of beers, I was starting to feel, well, horny. Chris just looked at me. I set my beer down and bit my lip. As soon as Chris put his own beer down, I crawled over to where he was sitting on the couch. I straddled him at the waist and kissed him. He kissed back.

Things started getting really heated, really fast. Before, I would have stopped, but I had such a sexual hunger. Taking off his shirt, I trailed my hands down his abs. I pulled his shirt off, then my own. "Hey. Mandy." Chris pulled away. Sitting up, I was now on his lap. Tears stung my eyes. "Talk to me, amor." He said.

"I thought you loved me." I said. Chris ran a thumb across my cheek.

"Of course I love you." He pulled me into a hug. "I love you Mandy, but I'm not going to do this. Not until you've," I cut him off with a kiss.

"I'm ready, Chris." My words sent him into a frenzy. He kissed me passionately, multiple times.

Our kisses became sloppy as things progressed. We wiggled out of our pants and under garments.

~~~

When I woke, Chris' arms were around my middle. I got up and put a tee shirt of his on. It was pale blue with New York written across the chest. The sleeves were ripped off. Probably cut off, actually.

Making coffee, I felt Chris wrap his arms around my middle. A smile crept onto my lips. "Bésame." He said. I turned to face him and I did. I kissed him. His hands cupped my cheeks.

"Abrázame." I whispered. He did. Chris held me in a hug. "Te amo."

"Te amo, mi amor. Tú es mi corazón." Chris ran his hands down my sides and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest.

(Four weeks later)

I walked into Chris' apartment only to see him kissing another woman. I dropped the container of chicken soup I'd made for him. "You're sick?" I questioned, surprised at how calm I sounded.

"Mandy! I, Mandy. Let me explain."

"Save it, Chris. I don't want to hear it." I said. Turning on my heel, I took off, running home, to my apartment.

Once home, I placed a hand on my belly. "I don't think Daddy's gonna be around for us." As soon as those words left my mouth, I broke down. Tears running down my face. "I'm sorry baby."

(Nine months later)

Tears ran down my face as a doctor handed me a baby girl. My baby girl. She was mine. I'd just given birth. And as I studied her small face, I realized just how much she looked like Chris. "What's her name going to be?"

"Isabella." I thought long and hard before I finished speaking. "Isabella Jackson-Gonzalez." The doctor nodded and filled out the paperwork.

~~~

The next morning I was discharged and brought my baby girl home. Together, she and I would be brave and make it through this. "You will always have me to talk to Isa." I whispered.