Five (Whole Town Blackout)

(One month later)(Mandy's POV)

Isabella, Chris and I all sat on the floor. We were watching TV when all of a sudden all the lights turned off. The TV too. Isa cried out. Chris grabbed my hand. I gently rubbed Isa's back. "Blackout, blackout." I mumbled. Chris chuckled softly beside me. I stood and grabbed a few candles and matches. Chris helped me light the candles and the three of us just sat in the living room.

"So..." Chris said. "What do we do now?"

"Well, I think we just talk. Make this seem like no big deal." I answered softly.

"Okay."

"Bella, how was school?" Chris asked.

"It was okay. One girl threw a pencil across the room. It hit a boy in the head. The girl got in trouble."

"Well then..." Chris laughed and I hit his arm playfully. He rubbed his arm. "Ow."

"Did I really hurt you?" Chris nodded. "I'm sorry baby." I kissed his upper arm and he smiled.

"Much better." He told me, kissing my cheek.

"I love you Chris."

"I love you too Mandy."

"Mama? Daddy? I'm right here." Isabella said.

"Shut it down. You're only eight." I laughed at Chris' comment.

"Hey Chris, I need to go outside. I need some air."

"We'll come with you then." Chris said and I shook my head.

"I need alone time."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Chris."

Grabbing my coat, I rushed outside. The chilly air felt good against my face. I couldn't help the smile that played on my lips.

I played a song from my phone. I didn't know the song either. Didn't care to know.

Around nine o'clock pm, Chris came out. He sat on the curb next to me. For a while, he didn't say anything. I leaned into him and he wrapped his arm around me. "You know, with the electricity gone, we can see the stars." I said.

"Yeah. They're beautiful aren't they?" Chris rubbed my back gently. "I mean, they are definitely not more beautiful than you are my love. Thought I'd mention that."

"Thank you." I left my head on his chest. "I don't know how I feel right now. About anything."

"Name some things that are on your mind."

"My parents don't approve of us. They think I'm making bad decisions. By dating you. I'm not, right?"

"It all depends on how you see it. I'd like to say you're making the best choice ever by being with me, but I could be wrong."

"Not helping." I joked and Chris chuckled.

"Feeling any better?"

"If so, I cannot tell."

"I'm sorry baby." Chris pulled me closer to him. I smiled and closed my eyes.

"I remember one time, I had just gotten into a fight with my mom. You held me like this. You told me that if she couldn't see that I was happy with my decision to major in acting and singing that she was blind. It was the first time you ever kissed me too."

"I remember that. It also happened to be the day you told me you were a virgin." He sighed softly.

"It's weird that you remember that." I told him and chuckled. "We should go inside. In case Bella wakes up."

~~~

Three am. I couldn't sleep. Chris snored beside me. I debated on waking him. In the end, I decided against that.

As I laid in bed, wide awake, a sudden need to throw up over came me. I bolted to the bathroom and leaned over the toilet.

I emptied the contents of my stomach and immediately felt better. One thought crossed my mind; I'm pregnant.

I didn't want to be pregnant. Not now. But I was sure of it. Quietly, I left the apartment and drove to a drug store.

Walking straight to the pregnancy tests, I started feeling nervous. I grabbed a box of three. Then, I went to the check out line.

After paying, I drove home. I went to the bathroom and put the tests away. I'd take them later.

Chris sat up in bed as I laid back down. "Where'd you go my love?" He asked me.

"I had to run to the store..."

~~~

Sitting in the bathroom, I waited for the results. I heard the door shut and knew that Chris was home. He had done the school drop off. "Mandy! I'm home!" He yelled. I was too scared to answer him.

The timer I had set went off. My hands began to shake. I almost couldn't bring myself to lift the tests. I put them on the sink and stared at them. They all had a little pink plus sign.

"Chris!" I yelled. I saw the door open. Chris stood there.

"Is that a..? Are you? Mandy..."

"Chris...I'm so sorry." And then the lights came back on.