Thirteen (Despacito)

(2009)(Mandy's POV)

"Happy new year!" I said to Bella who smiled happily.

"Happy new year Mama!" I looked at the clock. Chris got up and out of bed.

(The night before)

"Thanks for staying Emma. You know Bella's schedule like the back of your hand." Chris said.

"Of course. Bella's a great kid. She makes my job easier."

"That's good." Chris said. "Bella, come give Mama and I hugs and kisses." Bella ran into his arms and Chris kissed her forehead and hugged her. Then, I did the same.

"Be good Bella!" I said as we walked out the door.

"Who's the designated driver?" Chris asked me as we neared the car.

"Let's get a cab. We can both get drunk off our asses." I answered and he laughed.

"Sounds good to me." He took my hand in his and kissed my cheek.

~~~

"Let's dance!" Chris said, taking my hand. A slow song came on. Somehow, Chris managed to keep dancing at a fast pace.

"Despacio mi amor. Slowly." I said and he smiled. Slowing down, he held me closer.

"I'm leaving the show in April." Chris said suddenly. My mouth dropped open.

"But Chris! You love the show!"

"I know. But I was in the off Broadway cast too. I've been in this show since 2007. And it's not like I'm leaving you or Bella. I'm not even leaving the apartment. You're stuck with me, amor."

"Well thank god for that."

(The next day)

"Even though neither of us want to go, we have an interview together in four hours." I told Chris.

"Okay."

~~~

"Welcome Chris Jackson and Mandy Gonzalez!" Ellen said. Chris and I walked out holding hands. Ellen hugged us both. We had to drop our hold on each other's hands while she did. Mainly because she hugged us separately.

I then took Chris' hand again. He smiled at me and I smiled back. "You two are very touchy with each other. Why?" Ellen asked when we sat down.

"Well, Mandy and I are dating." Chris said, squeezing my hand.

"No! Really?"

"Yup!" I said, a smile cementing itself on my face.

"Mandy, how old is your daughter?"

"Um, our daughter." I said gesturing between Chris and I. "And she's eight years old."

"Wait what?! She's yours and Chris' daughter? How did that happen?"

"Well we used to date. Back from 1998 until 2000."

"Oh, wow. Did you break up before or after you knew you were pregnant?"

"After. Um, I knew, Chris didn't."

"Okay, so, we'll move on. Mandy, you're from California. What's it like being back?"

"It's crazy. I didn't realize how much I missed it here." I said.

"And Chris, you're from Illinois. Have you been back?"

"Not recently. My parents just moved down to New York and Mandy's did a while back."

"Has there been any family drama?"