Eight (Custody Trials Scare Children More)

(Mandy's POV)

Chris and I cuddled with Bella. It was the morning of the custody trial. We were fit parents and we knew this. But we were also scared too. It could be the last morning we get to do this, I thought.

"Mama, Daddy, I don't want to live with Abuela Robin or Abuelo Paul. I wanna live with you." Isabella said.

"If you say how you feel in court, it could help. And if you want to live with Abuela Robin and Abuelo Paul, we won't be mad. It's how you feel." I told her. She nodded and cuddled into me. "I love you Bella."

"I love you too Mama." I kissed my daughter's forehead and Chris took my hand. "Why does Abuela Robin want me to live with her?"

"Because I made Mama very sad once." Chris said.

"But now Daddy makes me very happy." I added.

"Oh." Bella looked at me. "I'm glad Daddy makes you happy."

"Me too baby. Me too." I began to rub Bella's back.

"I'm scared." Bella stated suddenly.

"Why?" Chris asked, ruffling our daughter's hair. Bella started to cry. "Bella, talk to me. Why are you scared?"

"What if they make me leave you?"

"We will try not to let that happen. You are gonna be stuck with us until you move away." I told her and she smiled.

"We will always be here for you baby." Chris said and leaned over to kiss me. I smiled against his lips.

"Mama and Daddy sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g." Bella sang.

"Lin better watch his back." Chris laughed. I tickled him instead of hitting him like I originally wanted to. He swatted at my hand. "Stop that Mandy!" He yelped with laughter.

"Mama, should I tickle Daddy too? Should I?"

"No! Bella, tickle Mama!" Chris told her. Bella tickled my side and I shrieked with laughter myself. Chris started tickling me too. I couldn't help the laughs coming from my lips.

~~~

We decided to go out for lunch. The restaurant was close to the courthouse so we would be fine. As we ate, Bella began to cry. "I don't wanna live with anyone but you and Daddy!" I hugged her.

"Bella, listen to me, you aren't going anywhere. Okay? We are fit parents and the judge will have to see that. I promise." Chris said and squeezed my hand. "I love my girls."

"Chris..? We got a small problem." I pointed to the Paparazzi.

"Crap. Bella, sweetie, keep your head down." The people holding cameras all rushed towards us.

"Mandy! Is Chris really your daughter's father?"

"Yes, now leave us alone. We're trying to eat." I spat at them through clenched teeth.

"Your check." The waiter said, somehow managing to squeeze through the crowd. Chris payed in cash and I tipped, also in cash. Then, we left for the courthouse, Bella on Chris' shoulders.

Walking inside, Chris put Bella down. Bella turned to me. "Abrázame." She said. I lifted her, brushing the curly brown hair, that she inherited from me, back behind her ear.

"Hey, Bella, sweetie, no matter what, we love you, okay?" I said.

"Okay. I love you too." Bella rested her head against my neck. She was too cute. I couldn't help but smile. I felt Chris take my hand in his. I squeezed his hand gently.

As we neared the courtroom, we saw my parents. My mother stood up, approaching us. "Is Bella ready to come home with us?" She asked.

"You're not going to win. We're fit parents and that's enough." I said, holding tightly to my daughter's small frame.

"I don't want to live with Abuela Robin!" Bella repeated.

"We won't let it happen. Okay? You aren't going anywhere my love." My daughter nodded.

"Good." She told me.

Mine and Chris' lawyer took us aside, leaving Bella with my parents and the judge. "So, how are you guys feeling about today?" He asked.

"Well, frankly, I feel like we need to win. Bella stated multiple times that she doesn't want to live with my parents." I said, a frown on my lips.

"Well, Mandy, you two are great parents. That much is clear. I don't think there will be a big chance of Bella being removed from your care."

"But there's a chance?" Chris asked.

"Yes. A very slim chance. It's not likely that Judge Lawson will take Bella from your custody."

"Good. I just came into Bella's life. I don't need to be ripped away from her." I took Chris' hand as he spoke

~~~

"Mr. Jackson, how long do you think you and Mandy will be gone each night?" My parents' lawyer asked.

"Well, the show is two and a half hours long ma'am. So I'd say about three hours. We've opted to only do the one show a night and on Sunday's we have off."

"And what time do you go on?"

"At nine. An hour after Bella's bedtime. We don't want to miss any of our time with her."

"Who would stay with her or where would she go?"

"My parents would take her to their house or we'd ask someone who we trust very much."

~~~

"Ms. Gonzalez and Mr. Jackson, Bella will remain in your custody. You are excellent parents. Keep doing what you do. It's working." Judge Lawson said. We thanked her and left, our daughter in tow.

***Author's Note***

Hi! How are you guys? Weird, I haven't done an author's note in this story yet. Well, here we are. So...how do you like this so far? I like writing it.

So, I have a bunch of prewritten chapters for this. So, maybe I'll be able to update everyday.

Right now this story is my main focus, so yeah. I will try to update my other stories.

Bye for now! Enjoy the story and have a great day!

Sincerely,
The author (Ryeli)