Fourteen (Sexy Red Dresses)

(Flashback)(Chris' POV)

I looked at my girlfriend. She wore a sexy red dress, debating on changing into another sexy red dress. We'd only been together for a month and she wanted me to go home with her. I had gone, but was feeling extremely uncomfortable. I tapped my foot. "Angie, I think I'm gonna go." I said, not sure I should even have been there.

"But Christopher, we need to spend some time together."

"I think you're a great woman and all, but we aren't supposed to be together." I said.

"But...baby..."

"No, Angie, I'm done."

"This is about that Mandy girl isn't it?" She said. "I swear I heard she got knocked up. She's probably moved on. You'll never get her back. She's had a baby and she's gonna be with her baby daddy. He's probably abusive. And, it was eight years ago!"

"Don't talk about Mandy that way! She's a good person!"

"So you aren't over her. I knew it! Get out." I left. I didn't care. I was breaking up with her.

Why couldn't I just move on? I wanted to. I knew that the woman I cheated on Mandy with eventually left and ended up engaged.

~~~

I walked into the theater. "Dude! Come on, you have to meet the new Nina!" Karen pulled me into the other room. I saw the one woman I never expected to see. She didn't look much different.

I stared, my mind trying to wrap around the fact that I was looking at Mandy Gonzalez. A little girl, no more than eight stood with her. One thought crossed my mind, is she babysitting?

"You should meet the man playing Benny! Yo, where's Benny at?!" I heard Lin yell. I didn't want to go over there.

I walked over, my head up high. Mandy's mouth hung open. She bent down to talk to the girl. "Why don't you go over and ask Ms Olivo for a snack?"

"Okay Mama." The girl said. I didn't believe Mandy was her mother. Maybe she was just tired.

"I think we should talk." I said, stepping closer to Mandy. The girl walked back over then, eating goldfish crackers.

"Really? You think we should talk?"

"Yeah."

"My place. Seven o'clock sharp. I haven't moved. Don't be late."

~~~

I paced my apartment. Of course I understood that Mandy was obviously angry with me. Why she was angry after eight years was a mystery to me. At 6:45, I drove to Mandy's apartment. I got there at exactly seven o'clock pm.

~~~

"Daughter?" I asked. A million questions bounced around my head.

We cooked, danced, and smiled. I couldn't help but feel like we were back there, to the happy place.

"I still love you Mandy." I said as we laid in her bed.

"I..." She looked away from me. "I'm not sure if I trust that."

"I get it. Believe it or not, I was gonna propose that night. But I'm glad we had sex instead. I have a daughter! It's still so hard to wrap my head around." I said as soon as she was sleeping.

I wrapped my arm around her middle, almost afraid to let go of her. What I did before was cruel and I was determined to fix it. To make it up to both her and Bella. My daughter. Bella. What a beautiful name.

"I'm sorry for not being there for you when you were pregnant with Bella." I mumbled before falling asleep.

***Author's Note***

Hi guys, I'm sorry it's so short. But I felt like I was being repetitive. So it's short.

Also, I'm writing a new story called The Princess Eats People. I dressed as her for the Halloween parade. My brother (he's four) was terrified of the skeletons.

Also, if a teacher from my school was in the skeleton group again this year, she didn't come up to me again. So, if she ever sees this, thank you Ms. N! I'm not really ready to be weirded out because a Skeleton knows who I am again. Otherwise, I'd be semi okay with it.

Has anyone ever been so harsh on themselves and said "I could wear a name tag that says My Mind on Halloween and people would run screaming"? Just me? Okay.

On another note, MANDY DM'D ME AT 11:30 LAST NIGHT! OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD I'M DYING!
Here's proof:

 OH MY GOD I'M DYING!Here's proof:

Sincerely,
The author (Ryeli)