Three (I Will Be There)

(Chris' POV)

I woke with my arms draped around Mandy's middle. She was facing me, her face buried in my neck. I didn't dare move, afraid to wake her. We'd had a long night with Isa.

If I was honest, I'd missed sharing a bed with her. To hug her and hear her laugh. I loved her laugh.

Mandy stirred and I saw her eyes open. A smile crept onto her lips. "Morning." She said, her voice scratchy from sleep. I pulled her closer to me, my arms still around her middle.

"I missed this." I whispered.

"Me too, Chris." She cuddled closer into me. It took everything I had not to kiss her, right then, right there. She looked so amazing. Her hair messy, but not bad.

After ten minutes, Mandy and I were jumped on by a little girl. Our little girl. "Mama! Daddy! It's Saturday!"

"Which means you're going to the theater with us. So, we should get ready." Mandy told her.

~~~

At the theater, I knew it would be hectic. Isa only wanted Mandy or me. And Lin was angry over something. So when Lin told us we were running through Sunrise, we didn't fuck around.

"Are you ready to try again?" Mandy sang.

"I think I'm ready." I sang back.

"Okay...here we go." Mandy's hands were on my chest, my hands at the small of her back. "Esquema."

"Corner."

"Tienda."

"Store."

"Bombilla."

"Lightbulb."

"You're sure?"

"I'm sure."

"Three out of three, you did alright."

"Well teach me a little more."

"Calor."

"Heat."

"Anoche."

"Last night." Her hands were now at my cheeks.

"Dolor." My hands ran down her sides.

"Pain." I moved her hair back from her face.

"That's right." It felt like we would kiss. "Llámame."

"Call me."

"Azul."

"Blue."

"Ámame."

"Love me."

"Perhaps I do." We looked each other in the eyes.

"Well how do you say 'kiss me'?"

"Bésame."

"And how do you say 'hold me'?"

"Abrázame."

"And stop!" Lin yelled. "That was great. You really look like you're in love. That's beautiful. Y'all are great!"

"Well I'd like to see you and Karen do this song." Mandy said.

They did it. But they didn't look to be in love. "What is your secret?" Lin asked.

"Love." I answered and twirled Mandy around. She giggled, causing me to smile. Isa watched us from a corner. I motioned for her to come to me and she did. She ran right into my arms. I lifted and twirled her.

Mandy came over to us, Isa's head between us. Mandy and I both went to kiss her when our lips smashed together instead. Isabella giggled. We went to pull apart but Isa pushed our heads back together. "I think somebody ships us." Mandy joked. Our cast mates laughed.

"Mama and Daddy sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g." Bella said.

"Where did you learn that?" I asked playfully.

"Mr. Miranda." My daughter giggled and I looked at Lin. Mandy glared.

"Oh shit.." Lin turned on his heel and ran. Mandy looked at me. I set Isa down and chased after Lin.

In the end, I tackled Lin. He laughed. "I'm supposed to teach my daughter those things." I told the Puerto Rican underneath me.

"Your daughter?!" Lin looked at me, shocked.

"I just found out, Lin. I missed eight years of my kid's life."

"Dude!" Lin said and I frowned. "How do you know she's yours?"

"Because I trust Mandy. It's the least I can do. She lost her virginity to me and then I cheated on her."

"Oh dear god...Chris. The hell are you gonna do?"

"Make it up to both of them. I don't care if it takes my whole life."

When Lin and I walked back out, Mandy flung herself into my arms. "I love you too, Chris." She told me.

"You do?" I asked her and she nodded. Then she stood on tiptoes and kissed me.

"I do."

~~~

With Isa at Mandy's parents' house, Mandy and I had a 'special' night. It started with pizza and beer. It ended with sex. Really good sex.

~~~

I woke up. Mandy wasn't in bed. Making my way to the kitchen, I saw her staring out the window. Slowly, I made my way to her. It was sunrise.

Mandy didn't turn as I wrapped my arms around her middle. After a few minutes, as I was about to move my arms, she put hers over mine. A smile crept onto my lips. "Promise me you'll stay."

"I promise." My answer came fast and short. "I'm not leaving you anytime soon. Not ever."

"Good." She turned, putting her hands on my chest. I melted into her touch and lowered my head. As our lips met, I felt something I hadn't for eight years. It was love. Such a strong feeling of love that I just couldn't. I couldn't give it up.

Soon, Mandy was pinned between me and the wall. I kissed her neck and she moaned softly. The sound caused me to smile. "I love you." I whispered. "And no matter what, I will be there."

"I'll be there too." That was all she said. All she had to say. I knew what she meant. We were back together.