The Confrontation

Hayley:

Rumors had been spreading among the bands that Taylor Jardine had had a mental breakdown the previous day. I also hadn't seen Jenna all day. Was she back with her? Why had she not told me anything? I went to her bus to talk to her, but she wasn't there, her band mates told me she had spent the night with Tay as well. This couldn't be happening, was she really? NO!

I stormed to the WATIC bus and flung the door open. Jenna was asleep on one of the bunks, the band was all awake staring at me in alarm from the kitchen table. Jenna was at least fully dressed, but I still didn't trust Jardine.

"Tay, can I talk to you outside...please." I said in the calmest tone I could manage trying to hide the fact that I was full of rage.

"Nothing happened I promise, she was only here as a friend." she told me with fear in her eyes.

"Outside." I growled through my teeth

She got up and got off the bus with me.

"Tell me the fucking truth, did anything happen between you two?" I hissed

"No, nothing happened yesterday, I just really needed a friend." she replied innocently

"Why did she spend the night?"

"She was just keeping me from doing anything stupid."

"It'd be awfully stupid of you to steal my girlfriend. Why did you need her so bad anyway?"

"That's a personal matter that I don't really want to talk about."

"Tell me!" I snapped.

"HAYLEY, BACK OFF!" Jenna yelled at me from the doorway of the bus.

I glared at her, then turned away and walked away raising my hands in the air in sarcastic surrender. Jenna came after me.

"What's going on? Why are you being such an ass?"

"I'm being an ass? What about you? Going behind my back to be with your old summer sweetheart."

"Hayley, nothing happened between us. She really did just need a friend to comfort her yesterday."

"I don't give a shit about your stupid lies. If you want to be with her instead of me just say it."

"Au contrair, I want you much more than her, I love you and only you. Don't push me away like that. I couldn't abandon her, she is still my friend and I couldn't let her hurt herself, I've seen it happen before."

"Why didn't you tell me where you were yesterday?"

"I'm so sorry, I didn't want to diverge my attention from her, I was just really scared for her."

"So you have no feelings for her?"

"I... I do, but very little they are insignificant next to those which I have for you. Please believe me Hayley. Don't be upset." Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"Has anything happened between you two since last summer?"

Jenna looked down at the ground and hesitated to answer. When she looked back up at me I saw panic and remorse in her eyes.

"Jenna... did you?" my anger was turning in to despair, I too was going to cry.

"We... I... it was nothing. I didn't want it to happen."

"What happened?"

"She kissed me and I didn't push her away, I kissed her back." she looked shamefully back down at the ground.

"How many times?"

"Only twice."

I took a deep breath before continuing, "What did it mean to you? Do you wish it had gone further?"

"I was just caught up in the moment, it meant nothing. I have felt guilty ever since."

"Why didn't you talk to me before? It would have been a lot less suspicious."

"I was scared you'd overreact."

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. "Alright. Just give me some time to let this settle. I'm over thinking right now and I'll make it worse. We'll talk more tomorrow. Until then I don't want to see you."

I could tell Jenna was hurt, but so was I. How could I know she was telling the truth? I hated when people hid things from me hoping it would just go away. Things always become less credible after time has passed, why doesn't anyone get that?

I walked off in no particular direction, I just needed to clear my head. Walking around the bands only area I heard someone call my name from behind me. I turned around and saw a young blonde girl standing about 15 feet away.

"Uh, hi." I said

"Sorry, I hope you aren't busy I just wanted to thank you for all your music and everything you do, you've been a big inspiration to me."

"Aw, thank you. What's your name?"

"I'm Mercedes, I'm in the little band Courage My Love."

The girl wasn't bad looking, her medium length blonde hair with a bit o black mixed in and winged eyeliner that accented her blue eyes, blue eyes just like Jenna's. Emotion took over as I leaned in and kissed her before I quickly realized what I was doing.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. That was so inappropriate of me." I said embarrassed.

Mercedes looked shocked "It's OK. I didn't know you swung that way."

"Yeah, I have a girlfriend, we got in a bad fight. I'm sorry, I better go."