5

James sits on the ground, his skin spread onto the floor, his fat bubbled on all possible sides of his body as he leans against the wall to make himself sit in some kind of way.

Steve walks over to him and sits on the sofa.

"What happened?" James asks.

"Nothing." Steve replies.

"I heard you screaming and I'm pretty sure that wasn't because of nothing." James says.

"There's nothing." Steve says again.

"Arms." James demands.

Steve hesitates but gives in. He moves his sleeves up, his arms are filled with bandages that cover cuts.

"What did you do?" James asks.

"Cut." Steve says shortly.

"why?" James asks.

"I failed you." Steve says.

"You haven't. Remember what I told you? Nothing is a fail till one of us dies." James tells.

Steve nods. Running his fingers through his hair.

"It was a tough week for you Steve. Be grateful you handle so well... please.." James begs.

Steve nods silently.

"Can I cheer you up?" James asks.

"Tell me you love me..." Steve sighs.

"I can't.." James says a little freaked out.

Steve lays down on the sofa, turninf away from James.

"Don't be depressed." James says.

"Do I have to remind you that you were so bloody depressed for the first month i knew you when we met in prison that you wouldn't eat a single thing?! that you cried all night and kept me awake?! Do I have to remind you of that?! And then you tell me, ME, not to be depressed." Steve shouts.

"That was before I learned how precious life is." James says.

Steve puts his nails in the sofa but keeps quiet.

"I want you to be okay." James says.

"So I could.be your housemaid!" Steve shouts.

"no. no.. you're my friend. And I need you, and you need me. Come here." James says.

Steve lets himself roll off the sofa and fall on the floor, crawling over to the fat boy.

James embraces him in a hug and holds him close.

Steve feels comfortable in the soft warm skin, the heavy breathing and the trustable feeling of a good person. He rests his head on the soft chest. slowly falling asleep as the huge arms rubs his back.

"night Nugnug" Steve whispers before falling asleep completely. exhausted by everything that happened today, past week and all the bad that happened in his life.