16

Steve comes home, silently opening the door, walking inside and closing the door without a sound.

He puts his hood from his sweater over his head, trying to hide the bruised, swollen cheek.

Steve places the alcohol and nylon thread onto the table and walks over to the sofa, shielding his cheek. "I'm back." Steve says, gently.

"How did it go?" James asks, heavy breathing. He struggles with the weight.

"I got 35% strong alcohol. I hoped on something stringer.. but this is okay I guess." Steve says.

"Why do you have your hood on?" James asks.

Steve sighs. "I rather not say."

"why not?" James asks worried.

Steve shrugs, not wanting to worry his friend.

"Come on Steve." James says, already worrying.

"I got hit." Steve says. He puts the hood off his head and shows James his hurting cheek.

James gasps, anger filling him. "Who did this?!"

"I can't remember." Steve says.

"You're lying." James says.

Steve sighs, kicking his shoes off and sitting down on the sofa, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around them. "Ruben.. He could have killed me if he wanted."

"why?" James asks concerned.

"Too early to tell that tale." Steve sighs. He needs some time to be ready to come out for his past.

James nods and hugs him carefully.

"James...?" Steve asks. Confused why James hugs him.

James immediately lets go. "I thought you needed a hug.." James mutters.

Steve tugs a smile on his face. Imagine that James loves him back.

"I'm not gay." James says. Literally reading his mind.

"Maybe not full gay, but I am." Steve's eyes get playfully.

James sighs, shakes his head and spends his focus onto his own flubby fat.

"It does suit you." Steve says.

"I hate it." James says.

"I know, it depresses you and it's unhealthy as hell, but I just mean, it does make you look good." Steve says, trying to figure out words.

James nods silently.

"I love big Nugnug." Steve says.

"Steve... can you for once not?" James is annoyed.

"What? I can't stopping to love nugnug." Steve teases him. He knows it annoys him. But he does love it.

"Steve." James says warning.

"Alright Nugnug." Steve says, his smile changing in a grin.

"weren't you meant to practice?" James says.

"Of course Nuggy." Steve brings his bought stuff upstairs leaving James downstairs alone.

James thinks, feeling annoyed about Steve, but yet it makes him smile.