24

Steve enters the kitchen and looks for anything to eat, the boys have run low on food again, but Steve doesn't want to go outside and buy food because that means being in freedom with people and a lot of crashing and visuals as result. 

He checks every place and then finds some yoghurt he could eat. He does it in a bowl and sits down at the dark kitchen table. Taking a spoonful yoghurt every now and then. 

Thinking about James, thinking about the surgery, thinking about the fact it was way too long ago he has done this. Steve sighs, looking at the yoghurt bowl that's almost complete empty now. 'Is James right that I just should take some rest?' Steve thinks to himself.

'No idiot.' the voice returns.

Steve sighs and gets up, cleaning the bowl and putting it away. Then he sits down at the table, running his hands through his hair as he hears the voice, as he sees the visuals turns up, staring down he feels rain, staring at the side table but not seeing it at all, he sees a dead body, slowly sinks his hands down, his hands slightly made to fists as the words spread in.

'YOU KILLED HIM!' it screams.

"NO!" Steve shouts.

In the background Steve hears someone calling his name. The black world he's hiding in remains, yet he hears it. Yet he wants to listen to it, he wants to snap out.

 Yet he wants to listen to it, he wants to snap out

(fanart sent to instagram account, anonym)

"James?" Steve whispers looking aside but not seeing anything at all, nothing else but blackness he's hiding in.

'It's not him.'

'You killed him.'

'He's dead because of you.'

Steve shakes his head, tears start to stream down his face, running his hands through his hair, staring back at the table and seeing the dead body laying down. 

'You killed him.' 

"Shut up." Tears run down his face as he stands and turns around quickly, looking at the kitchen but not seeing it. 

'yes, yes, go kill yourself.' the voice says. 

"STEVE." someone shouts.

"James..?" Steve feels the world around himself turning, everything goes too much, too much in his head and no slight of control.

Out of nowhere he hits something harsh; the cold floor. Closing his eyes he lays, not moving but seeing the world flicker in front of his eyes, blood, death, murders, knives, guns, fire, screaming voices. 

He squeezes his hand in his arm and remains silent.

AUTHORS NOTE:

This chapter is based on a piece of fanart I received on my instagram account 

the.droplet.story 

If you have made fanart, please send me cause it's very inspiring and I really love it.

love,

- Elly