22

after a few hours Steve wakes up, still being held in James huge arms, resting on the huge body. "Good morning." James says with a caring smile. 

"I haven't slept for too long right...?" Steve asks rather anxious - he had nightmares about things going wrong, about killing James and about the droplet-fat to be a monster.

"2 hours." James says, yawning. It's quite late in the evening now. "You're not okay yet.. are you?" James asks.

Steve buries his head more in the massive soft human pillow. 

"I take that as a no." James says.

"Just nightmares." Steve says then adds: "and I'm tired." 

"Then get some more rest before you continue to operate me, okay?" James asks gently.

"I need to continue now." Steve leaves James lap and looks at the already finished leg, because James sitting up causing some of the fat has moved back to it and the skin overstretching since he cut half of the skin away so it would fit the body. He sighs. "Lay down, plug the music in your ears and let me do this." Steve says.

"Steve." James starts.

"Just let me." Steve has a begging look on his face.

"Steve, you're not fine yet. You got to wait." James demands.

Steve sighs depressed. "I'm feeling good, I know I won't make a single mistake. I don't hear any voices in my head. I can do this." He says.

"Are you sure?" James asks.

"100%" Steve replies. 

James nods. He's still hesitating but decides to agree, all is it only because of the stomach fat that moved to his leg is hurting him. "Alright.." he says.

Steve starts to grin, in fact there is nothing more enjoyable for him than surgery. He cleans James skin (the leg he already did but needs a bit of re-doing). Then he heats the knife and looks at James. "Aren't you putting the earphones on?" he asks.

"I want to check if those earphones and meditation music really has the effect that I won't feel anything or that you're just an amazing guy." James says.

Steve's cheeks burn red when he hears the words 'amazing guy' come out of James mouth. The love-feeling has returned. Steve never stopped loving James but because of the circumstances he didn't really had the time to just embrace the love. Steve snaps out from his staring moment and checks if the knife is cooled down enough.

"Here it comes." Steve says carefully and starting to cut open the stitches from the leg he already did.