17

Steve sits down upstairs at his desk, well in fact it's James desk, he places the laptop onto the bed and puts the alcohol as the nylon thread, thin paper towels, a needle and the flesh knife onto the table. He takes a deep sigh. It's been a long time ago he has to be careful, he has to practice... just to make sure he wouldn't hurt James. 

At first he starts to disinfect the desk with alcohol and paper towels. Than he takes a long paper towel, folds it and places it onto the desk. He rests his arm onto it - yes he'll use himself to experiment on. 

Usual he wouldn't be careful when he cuts himself, but now it's for practicing and making sure James will be fine. Steve hits the knife with the blue flame lighter to make sure any bacteria's are killed. He waits till it cools down and then starts to cut into his arm. He's biting his lip, in fact Steve has tricks so he wouldn't feel pain, but he wants to practice it while feeling pain so he knows better what happens. At the same time he makes a side note in his head to clean the arm with alcohol before cutting, that's something he forgot to do now.

He notices he bleeds, of course he bleeds that's caused by the fact he has thin blood. He grabs a paper towel and strokes it over the wound, then rests it at the corner so it would absorb any blood. 

He takes the nylon thread he bought, he made sure he bought enough to cover up an entire body so he uses a little for now to stitch up his arm.

The feeling of the needle hitting his skin is painful.. but as soon the nylon thread goes through it's just a strange itchy tickling feeling of full annoyance. Again he makes a side note in his head about disinfecting the nylon and the needle before doing this.

Steve works careful but about an hour he finishes to repair his own arm that he used for practice. He takes a close look and feels satisfied that there is in fact barely anything visible about what he has done to himself. The nylon thread just shines a bit as the light goes onto it but further it looks fine. 

Excitingly he gets up and runs downstairs to show it to James.

"JAMES!" Steve calls.

James looks up worried.

"Look." Steve says, running over and showing his arm.

"Did you practice on yourself....?" James asks nervous.

Steve nods. "But look, I did a good job!" Steve says happily.

James carefully runs a thick fat finger onto the stitch thread, amazed, confused, a little freaked out but also a sort of glad to see that Steve takes this whole thing so serious.

"Can I cut you now?" Steve asks a little too excited.

"No. Not yet." James says. "You need to calm down, I need to overthink this and I've to be sure you'll be mentally alright. Okay?" James says.

Steve nods silently. knowing he's really not mentally alright... and believes he never will be...

AUTHORS NOTE:

Just a random fact... I don't know anything about operations or stuff doctors do but I do study laboratory so I know the importance of keeping the workplace clean and keep everything 'sterile'. 

So... if anyone is freaked out by this chapter about the details of how clean things go... You got your explanation. XD

And also.. for those who actual do know how to operate someone... Sorry this chapter is messed up and probably not close to reality.

But anyway: I hope you loved it, comment, vote, send a private message or whatever :) Just let me know what you think.

love,

- Elly