C H A P T E R 2

- The night we finally met properly.

DENYA

Her eyes were stuck on the book that was laying on the floor. She had been staring at it for a while now. Denya never thought about it, or at least tried not to think about it. However she missed her brother. The house was so empty without him, she felt so lonely. It used to be her and Brandon against the world,but he slowly started to change. He didn't want to be a hero. He didn't want to be the person she looked up to.

She couldn't understand how he could leave her so easly. Like they were never brother and sister,like they were never best friends. He just walked out that door, the same brown door that she started to hate with a passion. She couldn't believe that years have passed by without seeing him. Denya can't even read books anymore because it was their thing. Watching movies every sunday wasn't easy either. Going back home was worse. She always hoped he will pick her up after school and then they could sing songs in his car. Before heading home they could eat in his car and talk about how their day went. But again he isn't there anymore. He isn't here with her like it used to be, like it was supposed to be.

If Denya could stop thinking for a moment she probably would. She doesn't want the memories to haunt her anymore, she has had enough. However now that he is gone, Denya can't stop herself but to question everything. Her brother was her rock, he was her world. Where was she supposed to turn to now that he wasn't her? To who was she supposed to share her burdens with? Denya wondered how long she could go on living like this.

"Well today was a pretty nice day."

Denya removed her eyes from the floor after what seemed to be hours and finally looked up at the girl standing in her room. Denya got a little suprised. What is she even doing here?

"Who let you in?" Denya asked her confused.

"Your mother did, but Denya?" She removed her eyes from the floor again and looked at June. Waiting for her to ask whatever she wanted to ask.

Her eyes stayed on her long enough to admire her beauty. She was so beautiful and Denya was sure that June was aware of it too. Her black straight hair was in a messy bun. Her hazel eyes were looking around Denya's room. A smile appeared on her face. "Did you already hear it?" She asked and jumped on Denya's bed. "Hear what June?" Denya sighed. "The jerk cheated on Trina." She screamed. "Oh so he got a new nickname?" Denya asked her while looking for her phone. "Yes and not only that do you know with who?" June was smiling but Denya didn't understand why she was so happy. The huge breakup wasn't even their business. "He cheated on her with Aileen. With Aileen can you believe that?" She asked her with disbelieve. "Wait isn't Aileen like her cousin?" Denya wondered. "Yes like why would you do that?" June talked about him the whole time.

Him.

The guy in the shadows waiting to be rescued. The guy that somehow got her attention since the begining. The fact that June was talking about him like he was a jerk didn't bother her at all. Because well he really was a jerk, however she figured he would have had his reasons.

"Well it's none of our business June so let's talk about something else." Denya said annoyed and June was rolling her eyes and sighed.

"You're still in love with him aren't you?" With disbelief Denya frowned her eyebrows.

"What do you mean 'still'? I never had feelings for him." Denya told her while putting some socks on. June looked at her and shook her head in disappointment.